Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

+11
mandygirl78
Defiant
Ice Silver Crystal
Highman
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
GAP
Chaglette
hildebrant
Sergay Tate
Luu Sky Sapphire
15 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Tate - In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 2 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by Sergay Tate Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:52 am

@MissSoccerNinja: yeah i mean drifting as in racing. it's awesome. it keeps me from going insane really lol. i seriously have a really hard time without sport Shiho Huit

anyway, back on track (no pun intended)...

Kyubey Mittens wrote:I like to diss on the character for fun, but Tate is a pretty solid character that is for the most part well written. The only problem I think he really suffers is being featured in a cast that main leads and support are almost utterly girls.(I only remember six guys from HIME, and once I reached Mai-Otome....)

yeah i guess that is why Yuiichi suffers alot of the criticism he does, because he's just looked at as a random sidenote that just gets in the way, when, actually, you look at him properly, he is an integral part of the story.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Tate - In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 2 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by GAP Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I like to diss on the character for fun, but Tate is a pretty solid character that is for the most part well written. The only problem I think he really suffers is being featured in a cast that main leads and support are almost utterly girls.(I only remember six guys from HIME, and once I reached Mai-Otome....)

You mean Otome has guys? Oh wait................. 👅

Nevertheless I agree Tate was solid but I also feel that Sunrise had no idea how to deal with the lad. His character arc was interesting to say the least but I think it rubbed off on fans who wanted Tate to score with Mai or get out of the way of Reito fans.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:10 pm

GAP wrote:
I like to diss on the character for fun, but Tate is a pretty solid character that is for the most part well written. The only problem I think he really suffers is being featured in a cast that main leads and support are almost utterly girls.(I only remember six guys from HIME, and once I reached Mai-Otome....)

Nevertheless I agree Tate was solid but I also feel that Sunrise had no idea how to deal with the lad. His character arc was interesting to say the least but I think it rubbed off on fans who wanted Tate to score with Mai or get out of the way of Reito fans.

Yeah, they really left the ending (the MikotoXMaiXYuuichiXReito love square(?)...thing...(in which everybody loves Mai)) open on that part... I think it's lack of communication between Mai and Yuuichi. I consider Mai/Yuuichi to be the best Mai/somebody pair. But I think that Yuuichi has a similar problem to Natsuki: those two aren't go-getters when it comes to romance, that's for sure. And while Natsuki is very fortunate to be in love with somebody as open and confident as Shizuru (who takes control of the whole relationship situation and lets it be known that she wants to be with Natsuki), Yuuichi is in love with Mai, who isn't sure who she wants to be with, and so isn't very forward or certain about her intentions. That combined with Yuuichi's hesitation equals no communication and thus, no relationship (unless outside forces intervene, which may well have happened after the end of the series, and certainly has happened in fanfiction).

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
GAP wrote:

Yeah, they really left the ending (the MikotoXMaiXYuuichiXReito love square(?)...thing...(in which everybody loves Mai)) open on that part... I think it's lack of communication between Mai and Yuuichi. I consider Mai/Yuuichi to be the best Mai/somebody pair. But I think that Yuuichi has a similar problem to Natsuki: those two aren't go-getters when it comes to romance, that's for sure. And while Natsuki is very fortunate to be in love with somebody as open and confident as Shizuru (who takes control of the whole relationship situation and lets it be known that she wants to be with Natsuki), Yuuichi is in love with Mai, who isn't sure who she wants to be with, and so isn't very forward or certain about her intentions. That combined with Yuuichi's hesitation equals no communication and thus, no relationship (unless outside forces intervene, which may well have happened after the end of the series, and certainly has happened in fanfiction).

The open ending and lack of resolution to Yuuichi and Mai hooking up bugged the heck out of me. The only true confirmed hook ups we got were Akane/Kazu and Takumi/Akira while Mai and Yuuichi were left ambiguous. Yeah its true neither of them are that big on getting into relationships since Mai has to take care of Takumi and Mikoto and Yuuichi is still getting over his own self doubt and an injury ad Shiho is constantly at his side so its hard for them to find the time to communicate to get into a relationship, it doesn't help that Yuuichi is prone to pulling childish pranks every so often and Mai is a more tame type of Tsundere but if Yukariko's fantasy sequence is to be believed, it could be seen that deep down Mai does want a relationship with Yuuichi and hearing Shiho say that when Yuuichi and Mai get married could mean that she wants Shiho to say those kinds of childish things or that she may even want to marry Yuuichi. I wouldn't complain of course but thats just me.

I'm also guessing we're supposed to believe that the more emotional moments for Mai and Yuuichi happened off screen and that they went further afterwards. I hope so because I'd hate to think that the both of them went through all that hell just to decide to either be friends or enemies. Course I'd certainly like to see more fanfiction with the two of them as the focus
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Let the blu ray explain:

Tate - In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 2 Coalgi12

Tate - In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 2 Coalgi13

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Highman wrote:Let the blu ray explain:

Oh yes, the Kuro No Mai OAV. Just when I thought it was okay for me to actually like Mai she goes and says that. Part of me wants to believe that she just said that to sucker Reito into the trap she and the other HiME laid for him but, I imagine someone from Sunrise would go up to me and say that its over between her and Yuuichi and they're all still bitter about Tomokazu Seki's rant about them from the radio interview. Sunrise why must you continue to make me hate this series?
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Sunrise put a gun to Miss Tokiha's head during the making of Kuro no Mai. Either say that hurtful line or be fired. "Why risk making Natsuki Kuga the main heroine?" Mai thought to herself. =p

Don't sweat it, hildebrant. Love what you believe is great about the series and everything becomes better. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Sunrise put a gun to Miss Tokiha's head during the making of Kuro no Mai. Either say that hurtful line or be fired. "Why risk making Natsuki Kuga the main heroine?" Mai thought to herself. =p

Don't sweat it, hildebrant. Love what you believe is great about the series and everything becomes better. :)

Luu where would I be without you? That line actually did a pretty good job of taking away an entire day's worth of anger I had at the series and characters. Thanks
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:03 pm

hildebrant wrote:Luu where would I be without you? That line actually did a pretty good job of taking away an entire day's worth of anger I had at the series and characters. Thanks

Oh I could think of two places if I could remember their names. XD *winks at the audience*

You're welcome btw! I feel "hating" a series isn't worth it if that series achieved something that made us hardcore fans to begin with. *smile* Bitter companies and the silly fans aren't strong enough to make me dislike certain aspects of Mai-fandom and never will be. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:41 pm

hildebrant wrote:

Oh yes, the Kuro No Mai OAV. Just when I thought it was okay for me to actually like Mai she goes and says that. Part of me wants to believe that she just said that to sucker Reito into the trap she and the other HiME laid for him but, I imagine someone from Sunrise would go up to me and say that its over between her and Yuuichi and they're all still bitter about Tomokazu Seki's rant about them from the radio interview. Sunrise why must you continue to make me hate this series?

hildebrant: Ah, Kuro no Mai. XP When I made my post earlier, I left this subject (and my POV about it) out because I also don't see it as something I'm (personally) concerned with either. =]

To me, I see it as just an extra (Natsuki also sort of checks out Nao's butt at one point XD ...so that gave me the vibe that the special was made to cater to some fans of certain 'ships), with which I can interpret what I want. Another thing that the Kuro no Mai "put out there" that wasn't addressed specifically in the show, was that Reito is still evil. (Before this, I was convinced that after the Obsidian Prince part of Reito left him, he was nice again. I still choose to believe this. ;] )

I also get angry about things like this, and constantly have to remind myself that anime (and even life in general) is what you make it to be. =] If I want Shiznat and Maiichi (just made up that last pair name. What's the real name for them?) to be the couples that end up together after the show, that's how it's going to be in my mind. And nobody can convince me otherwise. ;]

Luu explained it a lot better and more concisely than I did, but yeah. I hope this was able to help too. =]

Luu: Awesome posts! X]

It wouldn't have been a completely terrible thing if Natsuki were to be the main heroine (provided that Mai still gets to remain living, of course).... hmmm.... *gets some chloroform, duct tape, and a large burlap sack, and starts sneaking towards Mai's dorm room* ..... =P

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:56 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Maiichi (just made up that last pair name. What's the real name for them?)

Luu normally says TatMai. XD Maiichi is a lot cuter~ Razz

MissSoccerNinja wrote:It wouldn't have been a completely terrible thing if Natsuki were to be the main heroine (provided that Mai still gets to remain living, of course).... hmmm.... *gets some chloroform, duct tape, and a large burlap sack, and starts sneaking towards Mai's dorm room* ..... =P

o_o Honestly, Natsuki Kuga is already like the main heroine. She was involved in the anime's prequel (Natsuki no Prelude) and every event that occurred from Searrs to Carnival arc. :) We'll dump Mai's body in the ocean, nobody will notice...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:Maiichi (just made up that last pair name. What's the real name for them?)

MissSoccerNinja wrote:It wouldn't have been a completely terrible thing if Natsuki were to be the main heroine (provided that Mai still gets to remain living, of course).... hmmm.... *gets some chloroform, duct tape, and a large burlap sack, and starts sneaking towards Mai's dorm room* ..... =P

o_o Honestly, Natsuki Kuga is already like the main heroine. She was involved in the anime's prequel (Natsuki no Prelude) and every event that occurred from Searrs to Carnival arc. :) We'll dump Mai's body in the ocean, nobody will notice...

TatMai is good too! =]

I was thinking of kidnapping Mai and keeping her in my room the secret "Natsuki Should Be the Main Character!" Society headquarters to be my personal sex slave a well-taken-care-of prisoner... But your idea works just as well! ... :twisted: It would certainly be a lot more humane than her having to be my personal sex slave... =P XD

Please forgive me for writing the crossed-out parts...I couldn't help it... I have a twisted sense of humor... XD

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:32 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

TatMai is good too! =]

I was thinking of kidnapping Mai and keeping her in my room the secret "Natsuki Should Be the Main Character!" Society headquarters to be my personal sex slave a well-taken-care-of prisoner... But your idea works just as well! ... :twisted: It would certainly be a lot more humane than her having to be my personal sex slave... =P XD

Please forgive me for writing the crossed-out parts...I couldn't help it... I have a twisted sense of humor... XD

i'd rather the crossed out parts <_< ... >_>
lol xD
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:i'd rather the crossed out parts <_< ... >_>
lol xD

Nice! XD

Ok, sounds good to me. How about you and I take turns? You can have her for one month, I'll have her for the next 1 month, and we continue to alternate months?

Mai Tokiha Mai: Who are you guys talking about...?

Me: Nothing! ....... *evil smile* Does this chloroform smell like chloroform to you?.... Shizuru Fujino

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
lol xD

Nice! XD

Ok, sounds good to me. How about you and I take turns? You can have her for one month, I'll have her for the next 1 month, and we continue to alternate months?

Me: Nothing! ....... *evil smile* Does this chloroform smell like chloroform to you?.... Shizuru Fujino

excellent *evil grin*
what if we add some more chloroform? maybe it will smell more like chloroform? lol xD

i think, perhaps, we may have gone a touch off topic Razz lol.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:
lol xD

Nice! XD

excellent *evil grin*
what if we add some more chloroform? maybe it will smell more like chloroform? lol xD

Haha, true... sweatdrop I tend to do that a lot...Sorry...

If this keeps up, we're going to have to create a thread called: "In Defense of Tate Yuuichi's Girlfriend('s Safety and Wellbeing)..." =P

Would it be off-topic to ask why those of us who are TatMai fans think they make a good couple? And for those of us who aren't fans of TatMai to explain who they would rather Yuuichi be with and why? Or even if and why no girl (or guy) in any Mai-series is a good match for Yuuichi?

Or perhaps what "good boyfriend" qualities Yuuichi may possess?

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:07 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:
lol xD

Nice! XD

excellent *evil grin*

If this keeps up, we're going to have to create a thread called: "In Defense of Tate Yuuichi's Girlfriend('s Safety and Wellbeing)..." =P

Would it be off-topic to ask why those of us who are TatMai fans think they make a good couple? And for those of us who aren't fans of TatMai to explain who they would rather Yuuichi be with and why? Or even if and why no girl (or guy) in any Mai-series is a good match for Yuuichi?

lol don't worry, i do the same xD

i personally don't think that that would be offtopic, although i'm not sure. a mod would have to OK it first i guess? although that'd definitely be a conversation i'd like to be a part of Arika Yumemiya

i'll get it started with something quick (since i am trying to sort something out otherwise it'd be a bit longer Razz)

TatMai is a great couple to me. they just seem to have this great energy about them, and they seem to be able to feed off of one anothers energy when one of them is down.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:
lol xD

Nice! XD

excellent *evil grin*

lol don't worry, i do the same xD

i personally don't think that that would be offtopic, although i'm not sure. a mod would have to OK it first i guess? although that'd definitely be a conversation i'd like to be a part of Arika Yumemiya

i'll get it started with something quick (since i am trying to sort something out otherwise it'd be a bit longer Razz)

TatMai is a great couple to me. they just seem to have this great energy about them, and they seem to be able to feed off of one anothers energy when one of them is down.

Hey I've always liked Tat/Mai. I just didn't bring it up due to this being a forum for just Yuuichi himself. I prefer to like them due to them going through so much for each other that it seems wrong for them not to hook up with one another after all that.I mean, Mai was so depressed and upset due to the memories she went through in the rain and who was it that helped her out? Yuuichi of course. One more thing we can thank the guy for.
I'd go further but I'll wait for the Mod's to decide if thats okay
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 pm

hildebrant wrote:Hey I've always liked Tat/Mai. I just didn't bring it up due to this being a forum for just Yuuichi himself. I prefer to like them due to them going through so much for each other that it seems wrong for them not to hook up with one another after all that.I mean, Mai was so depressed and upset due to the memories she went through in the rain and who was it that helped her out? Yuuichi of course. One more thing we can thank the guy for.

:) Do a search throughout the entire Mai-HiME section. If there's no thread to discuss canon Mai-Series couples, you may create a thread. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Hey I've always liked Tat/Mai. I just didn't bring it up due to this being a forum for just Yuuichi himself. I prefer to like them due to them going through so much for each other that it seems wrong for them not to hook up with one another after all that.I mean, Mai was so depressed and upset due to the memories she went through in the rain and who was it that helped her out? Yuuichi of course. One more thing we can thank the guy for.

:) Do a search throughout the entire Mai-HiME section. If there's no thread to discuss canon Mai-Series couples, you may create a thread. :)

and post the link here Razz lol (i'm so lazy xD)
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Never mind! Here is a good thread to start:

Favorite Mai-HiME shipping...other than ShizNat :3

Shizuru Fujino Have fun! Remember to stay on topic!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:13 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Never mind! Here is a good thread to start:

Favorite Mai-HiME shipping...other than ShizNat :3

Shizuru Fujino Have fun! Remember to stay on topic!

Thanks! =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:33 pm

bump

Hey guys! Finally got the chance to put together the scene of Tate's death scene and the entire Mai vs. Shiho battle leading up to it. I was going to add it to ookamidesu's Shiho thread, but I don't wanna double post it, so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Mai Tokiha confronts Shiho for the final time [Japanese version]

Shiho reveals herself to be the mysterious flute-playing HiME and attacks Mai.Tate arrives at the scene (even Natsuki Kuga shows up) to stop Mai and Shiho from hurting one another.

Powerful moment in the entire Mai-HiME anime series.

"Love is a Battle"
"Koi wa Tatakai" (コイ·ハ·タタカイ)

English version:

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump

Hey guys! Finally got the chance to put together the scene of Tate's death scene and the entire Mai vs. Shiho battle leading up to it. I was going to add it to ookamidesu's Shiho thread, but I don't wanna double post it, so here it is for your viewing pleasure:

Mai Tokiha confronts Shiho for the final time [Japanese version]

Shiho reveals herself to be the mysterious flute-playing HiME and attacks Mai.Tate arrives at the scene (even Natsuki Kuga shows up) to stop Mai and Shiho from hurting one another.

Powerful moment in the entire Mai-HiME anime series.

"Love is a Battle"
"Koi wa Tatakai" (コイ·ハ·タタカイ)

English version:

Morbid as this may sound its probably my favorite scene in the whole series. To see Yuuichi face his death like a man and to see Mai shout and cry for him to hear how she feels about him is both heartbreaking and touching. The true stake in the heart comes when we see Mai lean down to kiss Yuuichi, only for him to vanish in a burst of green lights and see Mai walk off and scream to the heavens at Yuuichi's death. Powerful and painful all at the same time. Sorry for the long narration but its a scene I usually gush over. Thanks again Luu
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 pm

hildebrant wrote:Morbid as this may sound its probably my favorite scene in the whole series. To see Yuuichi face his death like a man and to see Mai shout and cry for him to hear how she feels about him is both heartbreaking and touching. The true stake in the heart comes when we see Mai lean down to kiss Yuuichi, only for him to vanish in a burst of green lights and see Mai walk off and scream to the heavens at Yuuichi's death. Powerful and painful all at the same time. Sorry for the long narration but its a scene I usually gush over. Thanks again Luu

It was a hard scene to watch for me when Mai broke down. Elbowing Natsuki away, her legs collapsing and just laid there like a dead corpse, you could feel her pain. I rarely cry during anime, but my eyes did water at that moment for Mai. She was utterly destroyed by Yuuichi's death and the only thing on my mind was choking the shit out of Reito and Nagi. XD Seven years later I've grown to think it was a brilliant villain move for Reito to add that "I hoped Tate would of suffered a more embarrassing death", but the entire TatexMai scene remains powerful now as it did back in 2005.

You're welcome, hildebrant. Anything for you and anyone who loves this series.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next