Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

+11
mandygirl78
Defiant
Ice Silver Crystal
Highman
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
GAP
Chaglette
hildebrant
Sergay Tate
Luu Sky Sapphire
15 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 6 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by MissSoccerNinja Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Tate x Mai stories are rather limited. Personally, I'd like to see more Tate x Natsuki. The grease monkey fic from last year really fucked me up in a good way.

Right, in return the "good guys" go through vast amounts of trial and error until they find a woman who makes them feel special. Remember, you ladies aren't perfect either and are capable of tearing hearts to shreds. But where there's a bad, there's a good. Mai and Tate have their flaws as individuals (they're young for heaven's sake); they're young. At their age, the long journey to better yourself and with relationship, truly begins.

I'd never thought about TateXNatsuki until you mentioned it in a past thread, Luu, but after that, I've kept my mind open to it, and now could actually see that working! X3 It's cute in it's own ways. =]

That's true. I'd forgotten about how women can be heartbreakers too (even after being involved with some of those types). X/

hildebrant: Good luck with your fanart and fanfics! I've been busy lately so I haven't been able to read much fanfiction, but I'll be sure to resume reading your work as soon as I can. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 6 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:12 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:I'd never thought about TateXNatsuki until you mentioned it in a past thread, Luu, but after that, I've kept my mind open to it, and now could actually see that working! X3 It's cute in it's own ways. =]

:3 Of course! Just remember to set aside your inner ShizNat fangirl (fanboy in my case)to pull it off properly. XD J/k, it's not a painful experience to imagine TatNat. Experimenting doesn't work, plus fans need to remember it was canon-ish in the official manga. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm

wow, didn't even get an email telling me that there was an update for my favorite topic with my two favorite people talking.

MSN: Thanks for the good luck wishes, I think I'm gonna need all I can get because my attempts at a Natsuki fanart have been, less than stellar over the course of the past month or so. I have however churned out a decent Mai pic, but another will be in the works. My goal to draw as many of the HiME cast before Otakon is still underway. Feel free to read as many more of my fanfics as you can, I especially recommend "The Princess and The Knight" My first foray into the world of drabble fics and every chapter focused soley on Mai and Yuuichi. also if you're interested in getting into the world of Tate/Natsuki, my first and hopefully not last Tate/Natsuki lemon is up on this very forum in the fanfiction section under the title "Tune Up" Just be sure to take Luu's advice and approach it with a very open mind.

Luu: Thanks for the advice on what you want to see in a Tate/Natsuki fic, I'll be sure to try as hard as I can to maybe even top Tune Up with my next feature.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 pm

hildebrant wrote:wow, didn't even get an email telling me that there was an update for my favorite topic with my two favorite people talking.

:) The forum has a tendency to do that. Mai-Multiverse takes no responsibility for this, blame the corporate suits that are Forummotion. XD

hildebrant wrote: Luu: Thanks for the advice on what you want to see in a Tate/Natsuki fic, I'll be sure to try as hard as I can to maybe even top Tune Up with my next feature.

It's cool, man. The best way to approach it is with a little old school touch. Tate desires Natsuki, he wants her and she wants him, but don't make him a dog that humps legs. His natural charm is what draws her in. The kind of guy that isn't a pimp, but knows what he wants and he does it by being himself.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:wow, didn't even get an email telling me that there was an update for my favorite topic with my two favorite people talking.

:) The forum has a tendency to do that. Mai-Multiverse takes no responsibility for this, blame the corporate suits that are Forummotion. XD

hildebrant wrote: Luu: Thanks for the advice on what you want to see in a Tate/Natsuki fic, I'll be sure to try as hard as I can to maybe even top Tune Up with my next feature.

It's cool, man. The best way to approach it is with a little old school touch. Tate desires Natsuki, he wants her and she wants him, but don't make him a dog that humps legs. His natural charm is what draws her in. The kind of guy that isn't a pimp, but knows what he wants and he does it by being himself.

Hopefully the suits that control these forums will be a bit nicer to me in the future. As for what you think would work, I'll definitely keep it in mind. Though in the follow up to "Tune Up" Tate is a bit more forward with Natsuki but I like to think after getting that close with one another they'd be more than a little comfortable around each other
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 pm

hildebrant: I'm sorry about the suits. =/
I'm sure your Natsuki fanart will be fine! =] I'll look up your fanart as soon as I go on DA. =]

Luu: Thanks for the advice! =] I'm actually sort of excited to see how TatNat will be now...

*the atmosphere suddenly grows cold and tense*
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: "...Are you straying, Ninja-chan...?"
Me: "No! Of course not!"
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: "I'll see to it that you keep your word. Just as I ensured that Luu-kun did..."

(Later) Me: "...It's kind of hard to read while you're monitoring me over my shoulder..."
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: "Oh, I'm not monitoring you. I'm just enjoying hildebrant's fanfiction as well." *smiles genuinely* :) "I'm a rather enthusiastic fan of his work!" Shizuru Fujino
Me: "...Wha?...." *sigh* "...This woman will be the death of me..."
Natsuki Kuga Natsuki: "Hah! Now you know what it feels like!"

=P

I do admit that the thought of a TatNat lemon is bit daunting...But with hilldebrant's great writing skills, I'll be willing to give the TatNat fanfics a shot. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 pm

hildebrant wrote:As for what you think would work, I'll definitely keep it in mind. Though in the follow up to "Tune Up" Tate is a bit more forward with Natsuki but I like to think after getting that close with one another they'd be more than a little comfortable around each other

Yeah, absolutely. It's also vital to the story to see Tate be supportive towards Natsuki, just not in a worrisome type way. The blue haired princess has a ton of personal issues in the anime, you're capturing that same Natsuki here, so Tate would have to man up and be there for her. Have her express a lot of distance-resistance even if she's used to him and his great love making skills. She, arguably, has more pride than Tate. Conflict makes relationships shine like no tomorrow.

MissSoccerNinja wrote:hildebrant: I'm sorry about the suits. =/
I'm sure your Natsuki fanart will be fine! =] I'll look up your fanart as soon as I go on DA. =]

Luu: Thanks for the advice! =] I'm actually sort of excited to see how TatNat will be now...

*the atmosphere suddenly grows cold and tense*
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: "...Are you straying, Ninja-chan...?"
Me: "No! Of course not!"
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: "I'll see to it that you keep your word. Just as I ensured that Luu-kun did..."

(Later) Me: "...It's kind of hard to read while you're monitoring me over my shoulder..."
Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru: "Oh, I'm not monitoring you. I'm just enjoying hildebrant's fanfiction as well." *smiles genuinely* :) "I'm a rather enthusiastic fan of his work!" Shizuru Fujino
Me: "...Wha?...." *sigh* "...This woman will be the death of me..."
Natsuki Kuga Natsuki: "Hah! Now you know what it feels like!"

=P

I do admit that the thought of a TatNat lemon is bit daunting...But with hilldebrant's great writing skills, I'll be willing to give the TatNat fanfics a shot. =]

XDDD Relax Miss Fujino. ShizNat all the way!!! Remember that there are many different Natsuki in different alternate realities, you can't have them all to yourself.

Shizuru Kaichou : Wanna bet~ *eyes beam*

---

hildebrant did write a TatNat lemon which I found quite good. Yes, us heteros are old school, but our relations in the fictional world remain just as juicy as a beautiful lesbian couple. Or gay man couple. You need to factor in the author, the mood and what brought these two characters to the dance.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:49 am

Wow Luu you're making me feel pretty damn good about how I wrote Tune Up, I'm almost having a hard time believing that I can even top it. Makes me wonder just what you'd think of some of the Tate/Mai fanfics I've got in the works. Can't wait to see what you think of my other works MSN, and you too Class President Fujino
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm

hildebrant: I'm having trouble finding your artwork and Tune Up. Where can I find those? =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:48 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:hildebrant: I'm having trouble finding your artwork and Tune Up. Where can I find those? =]

Sorry, probably should have provided those before. Here's my art page: http://sketcher25.deviantart.com/ its also located on my homepage option just beneath my profile in case you forget

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t1097-tune-up-tate-natsuki-mai-hime-fanfiction Here's the link for Tune-Up. Sorry for the format but its the first time I posted one of my fics onto a forum so, here you are, enjoy my art and my writing
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 pm

For Tate x Mai fanfiction, I prefer the more dramatic approach. Their romance is more of the traditional boy meets girl. Mai is also more insecure about things compared to Natsuki, imo. She often wonders about the things in her life, even the worst possible scenarios. Tate, fighting whatever personal issues of his own, will prove these insecure worries wrong. Like a Prince with his princess.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:07 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:For Tate x Mai fanfiction, I prefer the more dramatic approach. Their romance is more of the traditional boy meets girl. Mai is also more insecure about things compared to Natsuki, imo. She often wonders about the things in her life, even the worst possible scenarios. Tate, fighting whatever personal issues of his own, will prove these insecure worries wrong. Like a Prince with his princess.

Thanks again for the Mai/Tate advice there Luu. I'll keep those in mind with my future works. I'm already seeing how Tate is at handling both girls with him and Natsuki reaching a sort of middle ground and Mai <the one I'm most experienced at writing> They both seem to be best handled in a more tame manner to that of a Takahashi pairing. Where its a mouthy guy and a tough girl firing off barbs at one another but deep down we see that they both love and care about one another and will be there for one another when the chips are down come hell or high water.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:41 pm

hildebrant wrote:
MissSoccerNinja wrote:hildebrant: I'm having trouble finding your artwork and Tune Up. Where can I find those? =]

Sorry, probably should have provided those before. Here's my art page: http://sketcher25.deviantart.com/ its also located on my homepage option just beneath my profile in case you forget

https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t1097-tune-up-tate-natsuki-mai-hime-fanfiction Here's the link for Tune-Up. Sorry for the format but its the first time I posted one of my fics onto a forum so, here you are, enjoy my art and my writing

Thanks for the links! I saw your fanart- it's awesome! I love the Mai one. =] I'm looking forward to reading The Princess and the Knight and Tune Up soon!

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:42 pm

I never did, still dont, and probably will never like Tate or Sergay Wang, but it's good to have people who do, variety is always a good thing. In fact, I was thinking of making a positive Tate fanfic. It won't have Mai or Shiho as his love interest, that make me and a lot of people happy. I shudder to think if every Mai-Hime fan was only into Shiznat, or any one type of paring.
mandygirl78
mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

mandygirl78 wrote:I never did, still dont, and probably will never like Tate or Sergay Wang, but it's good to have people who do, variety is always a good thing. In fact, I was thinking of making a positive Tate fanfic. It won't have Mai or Shiho as his love interest, that make me and a lot of people happy. I shudder to think if every Mai-Hime fan was only into Shiznat, or any one type of paring.

For what its worth as Tate's number 1 supporter, I appreciate the act of kindness you've mentioned in this post of yours if nothing else. He may not be with Mai but sometimes its enough to know that someone's at least treating him with some respect
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 pm

hildebrant wrote:
mandygirl78 wrote:I never did, still dont, and probably will never like Tate or Sergay Wang, but it's good to have people who do, variety is always a good thing. In fact, I was thinking of making a positive Tate fanfic. It won't have Mai or Shiho as his love interest, that make me and a lot of people happy. I shudder to think if every Mai-Hime fan was only into Shiznat, or any one type of paring.

For what its worth as Tate's number 1 supporter, I appreciate the act of kindness you've mentioned in this post of yours if nothing else. He may not be with Mai but sometimes its enough to know that someone's at least treating him with some respect

hildebrant: Agreed. =]

mandygirl78: Good point, I've learned through participating in this site, that MaiMultiverse welcomes variety and different points of view. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:30 am

hildebrant wrote:
GAP wrote:I jsut didn't understand all the hate, he is the typical shonen teen romance hero.

Once I was in the same boat as you but eventually it was clear that the fans hated on him for the following reasons:

1. They hate him for the idea that he's getting in the way of the romance between Mai and Mikoto, and after the manga they hate him for getting in the way of the romance of Shizuru and Natsuki.

2. They hate him for not doing anything in the anime and being useless and not fighting, but at the same time they hate him in the manga for fighting and taking the spotlight away from the girls.

3. They hate him for stringing along Shiho and Mai and not being straight with either of them and causing alot of the trouble between the two girls and the resultant fight between the two and the attacks that Shiho caused to Akira and the others. I can understand and somewhat sympathize with this sort of thing since it was dumb of him to not take Shiho aside and tell her flat out that he only likes her as a friend but not as a lover and that he really wants to be with Mai but I personally think that even if he had told her this, Shiho still would have gone after Mai simply due to her own fragile state of mind and Nagi, as usual pulling the strings to get the girls to do what he wanted.

Thats all the main reasons I can think of for why the fans are out for his blood. There are others like how they think Reito is more charming than him or that he is just using Mai and is an evil manipulator that would string Mai along or other such nonsense. But this topic exists so that we can show Mai's man the respect and dignity that he rightfully deserves

Couldn't have written this post any better than you already have. Haters gonna hate. *bro fist*
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 125
Armitage GUTS!!! : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 am

Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
GAP wrote:I jsut didn't understand all the hate, he is the typical shonen teen romance hero.

Once I was in the same boat as you but eventually it was clear that the fans hated on him for the following reasons:

1. They hate him for the idea that he's getting in the way of the romance between Mai and Mikoto, and after the manga they hate him for getting in the way of the romance of Shizuru and Natsuki.

2. They hate him for not doing anything in the anime and being useless and not fighting, but at the same time they hate him in the manga for fighting and taking the spotlight away from the girls.

3. They hate him for stringing along Shiho and Mai and not being straight with either of them and causing alot of the trouble between the two girls and the resultant fight between the two and the attacks that Shiho caused to Akira and the others. I can understand and somewhat sympathize with this sort of thing since it was dumb of him to not take Shiho aside and tell her flat out that he only likes her as a friend but not as a lover and that he really wants to be with Mai but I personally think that even if he had told her this, Shiho still would have gone after Mai simply due to her own fragile state of mind and Nagi, as usual pulling the strings to get the girls to do what he wanted.

Thats all the main reasons I can think of for why the fans are out for his blood. There are others like how they think Reito is more charming than him or that he is just using Mai and is an evil manipulator that would string Mai along or other such nonsense. But this topic exists so that we can show Mai's man the respect and dignity that he rightfully deserves

Couldn't have written this post any better than you already have. Haters gonna hate. *bro fist*

Damn Right *Bro fist*
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 am

hildebrant wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:For Tate x Mai fanfiction, I prefer the more dramatic approach. Their romance is more of the traditional boy meets girl. Mai is also more insecure about things compared to Natsuki, imo. She often wonders about the things in her life, even the worst possible scenarios. Tate, fighting whatever personal issues of his own, will prove these insecure worries wrong. Like a Prince with his princess.

Thanks again for the Mai/Tate advice there Luu. I'll keep those in mind with my future works. I'm already seeing how Tate is at handling both girls with him and Natsuki reaching a sort of middle ground and Mai <the one I'm most experienced at writing> They both seem to be best handled in a more tame manner to that of a Takahashi pairing. Where its a mouthy guy and a tough girl firing off barbs at one another but deep down we see that they both love and care about one another and will be there for one another when the chips are down come hell or high water.
It would be cool if you wrote on in the Otome Universe. That would be a challenge.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:55 am

Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

It would be cool if you wrote on in the Otome Universe. That would be a challenge.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5931987/7/The_Princess_and_the_Knight I kind of have already. My Mai/Yuuichi drabble series. The last two chapters concern Mai finally meeting Yuuichi in the Otome universe.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 am

hildebrant wrote:
Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5931987/7/The_Princess_and_the_Knight I kind of have already. My Mai/Yuuichi drabble series. The last two chapters concern Mai finally meeting Yuuichi in the Otome universe.
Sorry I meant Natsuki X Tate.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:31 am

Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Well I feel kind of silly. Otome Tate/Natsuki now that would be a challenge. Gonna need to think pretty hard for a proper plot for them
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:37 am

hildebrant wrote:
Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:
Jack wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

Well I feel kind of silly. Otome Tate/Natsuki now that would be a challenge. Gonna need to think pretty hard for a proper plot for them
She is the Gakuencho. What sort of man romances the Queen of Ice Queens?
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:43 am

yeah what kind of a man she'd want is questionable since she appears to be pretty happy with Shizuru
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 am

hildebrant wrote:yeah what kind of a man she'd want is questionable since she appears to be pretty happy with Shizuru
I think it's time you shook up some annoying bit of cannon romance couples.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next