Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

+11
mandygirl78
Defiant
Ice Silver Crystal
Highman
Kyubey Mittens
MissSoccerNinja
GAP
Chaglette
hildebrant
Sergay Tate
Luu Sky Sapphire
15 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

anime - In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 5 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by hildebrant Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
GAP wrote:I hadn't written any fanfiction at all as of late but after awhile, I pretty much lost all motivation to do so. Mai x Yuuichi does make sense and it may be a little cliche but it is done in a great way although some fans wanted Reito to "save" Mai from Yuuichi. Pairings will be pairings. 👅

Interesting concept! I think of it as the opposite: Yuuichi "saving" Mai from Reito. What is the reasoning of the fans who see it as Reito needing to "save" Mai from Yuuichi?

GAP wrote:You know I wonder what will happen to Shiho now that Mai and Yuuichi hooked up, I guess she will move on and focus on school and be a miko.

I agree with you guys, I also want Shiho to find happiness. =]

I too see it the same way you do MSN, great to see you back by the way. The reasoning is, they see Yuuichi as a low life commoner who would attack Mai if she ever raised her voice to him or told him off. while they see Reito as the suave, rich, handsome and debonair socialite who will lift Mai out of peverty and give her a fairy tale romance or something like that.

Much as I hated the Kuro no Mai OAV for what they said about Yuuichi, I did like how the HiME didn't forget about the crap Reito pulled. Possessed or not and he got punished for it. So as much as the fans would like to see her get rescued by Reito, she probably wouldn't be willing to forget what he did in that carnival, at least not anytime soon.

Yes despite what Shiho pulled, she should at least get somebody. I mean I've kind of been there when I was getting close to somebody but I heard from a close friend of hers that really liked her so I stepped aside so that they could be happy. So hopefully when Shiho does such a thing she'll at least get somebody in her life as well.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

anime - In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime] - Page 5 Empty Re: In Defense of Tate Yuuichi [Mai-HiME anime]

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

hildebrant wrote:
I too see it the same way you do MSN, great to see you back by the way. The reasoning is, they see Yuuichi as a low life commoner who would attack Mai if she ever raised her voice to him or told him off. while they see Reito as the suave, rich, handsome and debonair socialite who will lift Mai out of peverty and give her a fairy tale romance or something like that.

Much as I hated the Kuro no Mai OAV for what they said about Yuuichi, I did like how the HiME didn't forget about the crap Reito pulled. Possessed or not and he got punished for it. So as much as the fans would like to see her get rescued by Reito, she probably wouldn't be willing to forget what he did in that carnival, at least not anytime soon.

Yes despite what Shiho pulled, she should at least get somebody. I mean I've kind of been there when I was getting close to somebody but I heard from a close friend of hers that really liked her so I stepped aside so that they could be happy. So hopefully when Shiho does such a thing she'll at least get somebody in her life as well.

It's great to be back! Great to talk to you again too. Everytime I saw a Yuuichi or Maiichi scene in My-Hime or heard a song that reminded me of him or them, I thought of you and this cool thread. =]

What?! They think that Yuuichi would hurt/hit Mai? *raises an eyebrow skeptically* That's really too bad (for them). Because I couldn't see him ever hurting her. Think about it, if he was a violent/angry type, wouldn't the viewers have seen that side of him while Mai was attacking and yelling at him during the series? He seems to me like a gentle and caring guy.

We differ a little on that: I like to see Reito as a good guy who has little connection to the monster that lived inside him. My reasoning is: In his extra I remember him talking about being afraid of the obsidian lord inside him, and sincerely hoping that Mai could help him to get rid of his dark side (and in the end, she (and the rest of the hime) actually did end up doing that).

Though... Shizuru Fujino , I had an exciting idea for a Maiichi story, in which (as you described above) Reito is rich and Yuuichi is not, and Mai has the opportunity to marry Reito (who is rich but a pompus jerk (in this story)), but she's in love with Yuuichi (who is, Yuuichi). This came from listening to the song "Finally Falling" by the Victorious cast... =P That's how I see the "Rich Reito poor Yuuichi" situation (Mai chooses Yuuichi and true love in the end). =]

I'm sorry you had to do that... =/ That was a very noble thing to do.

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 469
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

It's great to be back! Great to talk to you again too. Everytime I saw a Yuuichi or Maiichi scene in My-Hime or heard a song that reminded me of him or them, I thought of you and this cool thread. =]

What?! They think that Yuuichi would hurt/hit Mai? *raises an eyebrow skeptically* That's really too bad (for them). Because I couldn't see him ever hurting her. Think about it, if he was a violent/angry type, wouldn't the viewers have seen that side of him while Mai was attacking and yelling at him during the series? He seems to me like a gentle and caring guy.

We differ a little on that: I like to see Reito as a good guy who has little connection to the monster that lived inside him. My reasoning is: In his extra I remember him talking about being afraid of the obsidian lord inside him, and sincerely hoping that Mai could help him to get rid of his dark side (and in the end, she (and the rest of the hime) actually did end up doing that).

Though... Shizuru Fujino , I had an exciting idea for a Maiichi story, in which (as you described above) Reito is rich and Yuuichi is not, and Mai has the opportunity to marry Reito (who is rich but a pompus jerk (in this story)), but she's in love with Yuuichi (who is, Yuuichi). This came from listening to the song "Finally Falling" by the Victorious cast... =P That's how I see the "Rich Reito poor Yuuichi" situation (Mai chooses Yuuichi and true love in the end). =]

I'm sorry you had to do that... =/ That was a very noble thing to do.

Glad to see I've had such a positive influence on you MSN, because you and a number of people here have had a big one on me as well.

Yeah thats a way of thinking amongst the HiME fandom that I'm trying to distance myself from. Permanently. They use it more as an excuse to pair her with Mikoto and occasionally Reito or another girl in the series while Yuuichi either dies, gets with Shiho, or has some other humiliating form of torture performed on him while they all laugh about it. Fans and characters alike.

Thats a pretty interesting story idea you got there. One that's bounced in my head for awhile is the What if Mai had Kissed Reito and Yuuichi had just stood there and watched it, frozen and unable to say anything, and when Mai sees him, all he can do is walk away, unable to say anything. The days go by and while Mai is happy with Reito at first, she looks at Yuuichi who is trying to avoid being around her. This comes to a head when they're both on cleaning duty and she asks why he has't said anything to her and he replies that it looked like she made her choice, and that he was honoring her decision and Reito's at the cost of his happiness. Mai replies that it was a spur of the moment, and that she didn't know what was going on but deep down inside, the entire time she's spent with Reito, had been thinking about Yuuichi.

There's more but, kind of got a writer's block at the moment. Great idea you have there, hope you can find the time to write it soon

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:39 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Glad to see I've had such a positive influence on you MSN, because you and a number of people here have had a big one on me as well.

Yeah thats a way of thinking amongst the HiME fandom that I'm trying to distance myself from. Permanently. They use it more as an excuse to pair her with Mikoto and occasionally Reito or another girl in the series while Yuuichi either dies, gets with Shiho, or has some other humiliating form of torture performed on him while they all laugh about it. Fans and characters alike.

Thats a pretty interesting story idea you got there. One that's bounced in my head for awhile is the What if Mai had Kissed Reito and Yuuichi had just stood there and watched it, frozen and unable to say anything, and when Mai sees him, all he can do is walk away, unable to say anything. The days go by and while Mai is happy with Reito at first, she looks at Yuuichi who is trying to avoid being around her. This comes to a head when they're both on cleaning duty and she asks why he has't said anything to her and he replies that it looked like she made her choice, and that he was honoring her decision and Reito's at the cost of his happiness. Mai replies that it was a spur of the moment, and that she didn't know what was going on but deep down inside, the entire time she's spent with Reito, had been thinking about Yuuichi.

There's more but, kind of got a writer's block at the moment. Great idea you have there, hope you can find the time to write it soon

I'm glad too! =]

Wow...I can't believe I used to be one of those people X/ :(, but now the concept just sounds ridiculous. Just because somebody wants somebody to be with somebody else, doesn't mean that a person has to be embarrassed or hurt because of it! =/
I'm grateful to you for further helping me to become a better person. =]
My guess is that the haters just pick on Yuuichi like that because they see him as a very real threat to Maikoto or Reito/Mai or Mai/somebody else. Wink (Because they know that Maiichi is undeniable.) =]

Thanks! Your story seems like a great one as well! =]
I do hope to write my fanfic idea, but I may have to do some research and/or consulting on Mai and Yuuichi's characters before I tackle writing them as main characters. I'd definitely like to though. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:

I'm glad too! =]

Wow...I can't believe I used to be one of those people X/ :(, but now the concept just sounds ridiculous. Just because somebody wants somebody to be with somebody else, doesn't mean that a person has to be embarrassed or hurt because of it! =/
I'm grateful to you for further helping me to become a better person. =]
My guess is that the haters just pick on Yuuichi like that because they see him as a very real threat to Maikoto or Reito/Mai or Mai/somebody else. Wink (Because they know that Maiichi is undeniable.) =]

Thanks! Your story seems like a great one as well! =]
I do hope to write my fanfic idea, but I may have to do some research and/or consulting on Mai and Yuuichi's characters before I tackle writing them as main characters. I'd definitely like to though. =]

I'm just glad you're no longer one of them. Everyday I seem to see one of them ripping into Yuuichi in some way or another and, it does make me feel a little better in knowing that you're not one of them. I'm also glad I was able to help contribute to you being a better person and being nicer to Yuuichi. Of all the Mai fans that I've seen or encountered over the years, you're one of, if not one of the better ones. Yes Mai and Yuuichi are an undeniably great couple

Glad you like my story idea, I'll remember to bounce some more ideas off of you in the future, and if you want to bounce some off of me or research a bit more with your current idea, I'm all ears :)

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Thanks! That's nice of you to say. =]
I'm sorry you have to see stuff like that. :( Where is this stuff happening?

Sure! =]
Thanks! If/when I need Yuuichi info/advice, you'll definitely be the first person I go to. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 am

MissSoccerNinja wrote:Thanks! That's nice of you to say. =]
I'm sorry you have to see stuff like that. :( Where is this stuff happening?

I believe I can answer this. During the early days of Mai-fandom back in the mid-2000s, a lot of fans weren't too fond of Tate for various reasons. The major one being he's a guy in a "yuri filled environment". I disagree with that, there were quite a lot of hetero couples in Mai-HiME. They just pretended they weren't there. lol Even the more yuri oriented series, Mai-Otome, had hetero couples. One of them was one of the main focuses.

But I think hildebrant ran into some naysayers on fanfiction.net during those days. It sucks, but hey, Tate is quite accepted and appreciated here. Embrace that much. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
I believe I can answer this. During the early days of Mai-fandom back in the mid-2000s, a lot of fans weren't too fond of Tate for various reasons. The major one being he's a guy in a "yuri filled environment". I disagree with that, there were quite a lot of hetero couples in Mai-HiME. They just pretended they weren't there. lol Even the more yuri oriented series, Mai-Otome, had hetero couples. One of them was one of the main focuses.

But I think hildebrant ran into some naysayers on fanfiction.net during those days.

That makes sense. It's unfortunate how it was like that. :(

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: It sucks, but hey, Tate is quite accepted and appreciated here. Embrace that much. ^_~

Yes, I love that about this place- It's very nice. =]

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:15 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

But I think hildebrant ran into some naysayers on fanfiction.net during those days.

That makes sense. It's unfortunate how it was like that. :(

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: It sucks, but hey, Tate is quite accepted and appreciated here. Embrace that much. ^_~

Yes, I love that about this place- It's very nice. =]

Luu hit the nail right on the head. Went to ff.net in the early days and a few years that followed and numerous Tate bashing fics were indeed posted there. Black days indeed and looking back I hate myself for being so bothered by it and letting them get to me, but that's because I wasn't able to locate this page and meet all of you guys. These days the bashing seems to have died down and I'm actually able to talk with a fan of the Mai series and find that they're not as bad as I'd though they'd be. All thanks to you guys. Thanks again and I can't thank all of you enough for all that you've done, no matter how big or how small

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:36 pm

*toasts with a beer bottle*

Hear, hear! Also, Hildebrant, how did you feel about Tate's relationship with Takeda? In one of our latest Mai-HiME dubbed/subbed videos...

Takeda wants Yuuichi back in his club as enough time has gone by. Did these two have a buddy-buddy friendship or was it just a professional one for the kendo club?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:*toasts with a beer bottle*

Hear, hear! Also, Hildebrant, how did you feel about Tate's relationship with Takeda? In one of our latest Mai-HiME dubbed/subbed videos...

Takeda wants Yuuichi back in his club as enough time has gone by. Did these two have a buddy-buddy friendship or was it just a professional one for the kendo club?

Considering what all I've seen, I think the two of them had a more professional relationship. Its well known that Tate is great at Kendo and did real well in the tournaments prior to his injury and I think Takeda wants to recapture that magic of sorts and get the Kendo team back up to the nationals again, and he can't do that with his star team-mate wallowing in self pitty. That video kind of sounded like he was either frustrated with Shizuru's teasing or that he was fed up with being patient with Yuuichi's injury and him getting over it. Just my opinion

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:43 pm

hildebrant wrote:Luu hit the nail right on the head. Went to ff.net in the early days and a few years that followed and numerous Tate bashing fics were indeed posted there. Black days indeed and looking back I hate myself for being so bothered by it and letting them get to me, but that's because I wasn't able to locate this page and meet all of you guys. These days the bashing seems to have died down and I'm actually able to talk with a fan of the Mai series and find that they're not as bad as I'd though they'd be. All thanks to you guys. Thanks again and I can't thank all of you enough for all that you've done, no matter how big or how small

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. =/
Don't be too hard on yourself, it's hard to not get upset by those kinds of things. I find myself feeling troubled by things even less personal than that (The ending of Ikki Tousen Season 1 greatly upset me for a few days recently, until I was able to come to my senses and stop taking it so seriously sweatdrop ).

I'm glad you're not bothered with that anymore! =] No problem. I'm glad I could help even a little. =]

hildebrant wrote:

Considering what all I've seen, I think the two of them had a more professional relationship. Its well known that Tate is great at Kendo and did real well in the tournaments prior to his injury and I think Takeda wants to recapture that magic of sorts and get the Kendo team back up to the nationals again, and he can't do that with his star team-mate wallowing in self pitty. That video kind of sounded like he was either frustrated with Shizuru's teasing or that he was fed up with being patient with Yuuichi's injury and him getting over it. Just my opinion

Good question, Luu! I also enjoyed hearing hildebrant's answer to this. =]

Poor Takeda, being subjected to Shizuru's teasing. X3

Thread: Another Yuuichi question:

I have a bad habit of relating other tv shows and just about everything else in the world. Yes, i have a problem. to My-Hime, so while watching ABC's Once Upon a Time, I see it like this:

Mary Margaret/Snow White = Mai
David/ Prince Charming = Yuuichi

For those who haven't seen the show:David has recently woken up from a coma (not remembering really anything from before the accident he was involved in), and falls for Mary Margaret (there's a powerful, undeniable chemistry/attraction between them, which stems from them being true lovers in another reality/world) but it turns out that David is currently married to another woman (the woman he was in an arranged marriage to in the other reality/world- in order to keep his mother from beind killed by a devious king- before he met Snow White/Mary Margaret). Without memory from the other reality (in which he eventually married Snow White/Mary Margaret,) David (Prince Charming), is torn between a sense of duty/committment to his current marriage to the other woman, and his strong feelings for Mary Margaret (Snow White).
That was a really terrible explanation, but I definitely see similarities between Prince Charming and Yuuichi.

Any thoughts on this (in spite of it probably being really confusing)?

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:31 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Luu hit the nail right on the head. Went to ff.net in the early days and a few years that followed and numerous Tate bashing fics were indeed posted there. Black days indeed and looking back I hate myself for being so bothered by it and letting them get to me, but that's because I wasn't able to locate this page and meet all of you guys. These days the bashing seems to have died down and I'm actually able to talk with a fan of the Mai series and find that they're not as bad as I'd though they'd be. All thanks to you guys. Thanks again and I can't thank all of you enough for all that you've done, no matter how big or how small

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. =/
Don't be too hard on yourself, it's hard to not get upset by those kinds of things. I find myself feeling troubled by things even less personal than that (The ending of Ikki Tousen Season 1 greatly upset me for a few days recently, until I was able to come to my senses and stop taking it so seriously sweatdrop ).

I'm glad you're not bothered with that anymore! =] No problem. I'm glad I could help even a little. =]

hildebrant wrote:

Good question, Luu! I also enjoyed hearing hildebrant's answer to this. =]

Poor Takeda, being subjected to Shizuru's teasing. X3

Thread: Another Yuuichi question:

I have a bad habit of relating other tv shows and just about everything else in the world. Yes, i have a problem. to My-Hime, so while watching ABC's Once Upon a Time, I see it like this:

Mary Margaret/Snow White = Mai
David/ Prince Charming = Yuuichi

For those who haven't seen the show:David has recently woken up from a coma (not remembering really anything from before the accident he was involved in), and falls for Mary Margaret (there's a powerful, undeniable chemistry/attraction between them, which stems from them being true lovers in another reality/world) but it turns out that David is currently married to another woman (the woman he was in an arranged marriage to in the other reality/world- in order to keep his mother from beind killed by a devious king- before he met Snow White/Mary Margaret). Without memory from the other reality (in which he eventually married Snow White/Mary Margaret,) David (Prince Charming), is torn between a sense of duty/committment to his current marriage to the other woman, and his strong feelings for Mary Margaret (Snow White).
That was a really terrible explanation, but I definitely see similarities between Prince Charming and Yuuichi.

Any thoughts on this (in spite of it probably being really confusing)?

Yeah amazing how much Anime can get to us and effect our daily lives, I'm just glad you were able to get over it much faster than I was MSN.

You know I've been meaning to sit down and watch Once Upon a Time but I always forgot and the only live action show I managed to watch was American Horror Story but you know that is a nice comparrison you have there with Yuuichi and David both being in love with someone but stuck with another woman due to commitment issues. It does indeed make me think of the Yuuichi/Mai/Shiho love triangle. Though truth be told I never really saw Yuuichi as a royal of sorts, rather I always saw him as a knight in armor out on the front lines of battle while Reito was the debonair and charming prince but I will admit I am glad someone sees Yuuichi as a prince charming of sorts

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

When you compared Reito and Tate as prince types, they're both so different. Reito is like the suave bad boy prince most girls would prefer. Tate is the more realistic choice, nicer and most trustworthy. Unfortunately compared to Reito, Tate could be seen as a "nice guy" and you know the old adage. "Nice guys finish last."

It's not Tate's fault obviously and I can't speak for every female on the planet, but it's a fact that most girls prefer someone more daring. Be careful my fellow straight girls, romance with Reito is all fun and games until someone turns into green sparkles. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:When you compared Reito and Tate as prince types, they're both so different. Reito is like the suave bad boy prince most girls would prefer. Tate is the more realistic choice, nicer and most trustworthy. Unfortunately compared to Reito, Tate could be seen as a "nice guy" and you know the old adage. "Nice guys finish last."

It's not Tate's fault obviously and I can't speak for every female on the planet, but it's a fact that most girls prefer someone more daring. Be careful my fellow straight girls, romance with Reito is all fun and games until someone turns into green sparkles. ^_~

I honestly saw Yuuichi as more of the bad boy type simply because Reito seems like the type to sit back and enjoy a glass of fine wine or listen to the works of Chopin and Beethoven wheras Yuuichi would probably be the type to throw back a mug of beer or something like that. Though Reito is probably the bad boy in the sense that even though he's nice and calm looking on the outside, he'd gladly do away with or have someone "disapear" should they prove to be a problem to him.

Sorry but when it comes to anything Medieval or pertaining to Royalty I usually think back to Berserk. But yes despite his flaws and his past as a ruffian due to his injury Tate is the nice guy in the end and it shows quite a few times, and speaking from experience, nice guys do finish last and we do hurt from it. But once again I'd like to think Tate is one nice guy who won in the end.

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:20 pm

hildebrant wrote:I honestly saw Yuuichi as more of the bad boy type simply because Reito seems like the type to sit back and enjoy a glass of fine wine or listen to the works of Chopin and Beethoven wheras Yuuichi would probably be the type to throw back a mug of beer or something like that. Though Reito is probably the bad boy in the sense that even though he's nice and calm looking on the outside, he'd gladly do away with or have someone "disapear" should they prove to be a problem to him.

Sorry but when it comes to anything Medieval or pertaining to Royalty I usually think back to Berserk. But yes despite his flaws and his past as a ruffian due to his injury Tate is the nice guy in the end and it shows quite a few times, and speaking from experience, nice guys do finish last and we do hurt from it. But once again I'd like to think Tate is one nice guy who won in the end.

Reito is the more sophisticated of the two, this is true. Yuuichi was actual the bad boy at one time during his solo anti-social days before Shiho kinda pulled him back together. We can discuss the comparisons between Reito and Tate further in a new thread I made. ^_~

You are right about something else, Tate did get the girl in the end. Sucks that Reito didn't take that chance to make sweet love to Mai on the night of her depression. o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:I honestly saw Yuuichi as more of the bad boy type simply because Reito seems like the type to sit back and enjoy a glass of fine wine or listen to the works of Chopin and Beethoven wheras Yuuichi would probably be the type to throw back a mug of beer or something like that. Though Reito is probably the bad boy in the sense that even though he's nice and calm looking on the outside, he'd gladly do away with or have someone "disapear" should they prove to be a problem to him.

Reito is the more sophisticated of the two, this is true. Yuuichi was actual the bad boy at one time during his solo anti-social days before Shiho kinda pulled him back together. We can discuss the comparisons between Reito and Tate further in a new thread I made. ^_~

You are right about something else, Tate did get the girl in the end. Sucks that Reito didn't take that chance to make sweet love to Mai on the night of her depression. o.o

Sometimes I wish I knew just how bad Tate was back then and what type of person he was. Sometimes I wish he had kept some of that edge in the series just to see how the series would have been different. Funny you mentioning Reito taking advantage of Mai's depression and getting with her when he had the chance. That's another story idea that would be nice to interpret.
Its funny and kind of sad that, as much as I like Tate I'm the one who keeps on thinking of depressing story ideas to put him through. Some admirer aren't I?

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 pm

hildebrant wrote:Its funny and kind of sad that, as much as I like Tate I'm the one who keeps on thinking of depressing story ideas to put him through. Some admirer aren't I?

Common sense would say you're being a masochist for Tate thanks to your past experiences with the fandom. I'd like to believe you're doing it to show a level of depth to Yuuichi that teens can relate to. And nobody knows angst better than teens. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:Its funny and kind of sad that, as much as I like Tate I'm the one who keeps on thinking of depressing story ideas to put him through. Some admirer aren't I?

Common sense would say you're being a masochist for Tate thanks to your past experiences with the fandom. I'd like to believe you're doing it to show a level of depth to Yuuichi that teens can relate to. And nobody knows angst better than teens. ^^;

Yeah that's probably it. Part of me just wonders how it would be if Tate had ever found out about how people thought of him in the fandom or how he'd react if Mai had chosen Reito, Mikoto, or anyone else despite all he had gone through for her over the course of the series and then I take the idea and run with it. I've only ever taken the idea to print in one fanfiction idea, entitled "Over Now" Thus far its the last of the depressing Yuuichi fics I've written but, the ideas still gestate in the back of my mind
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 am

Not there's anything wrong with a pessimistic story...have you ever tried doing the opposite? Maybe it would be realistic, but life does have some success stories in it. I'm not suggesting Tate should live in a fantasy land or anything, just the life he deserves. He's a good person after all and life doesn't have to suck for him. :) Give it a try, you got nothing to lose.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Not there's anything wrong with a pessimistic story...have you ever tried doing the opposite? Maybe it would be realistic, but life does have some success stories in it. I'm not suggesting Tate should live in a fantasy land or anything, just the life he deserves. He's a good person after all and life doesn't have to suck for him. :) Give it a try, you got nothing to lose.

I'll keep it in mind. I did have some Yuuichi/Mai fanart in mind for that valentine's contest but I don't think I could get it done in time. Oh well, maybe I'll have time for the Halloween contest, as for the fics. I'll do what I can to think of some good stuff for him and Mai.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSoccerNinja Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:38 pm

I agree with you, hildebrant, Yuuichi doesn't seem like the born-royal type. It's funny you say that, because (Spoiler for Once Upon a Time)
Spoiler:

I've always thought of Yuuichi as the nice guy too. But I don't see being a nice guy as a bad thing at all. =] Think about it, it's a good thing Mai chose "good guy" Yuuichi over "bad boy" Reito ("bad boy" because of the darkness, the danger inside him), because if she hadn't, the Hime Carnival would repeat itself, and destroy the lives of many future Hime. It was Mai's love for Yuuichi that saved the world from the Obsidian Prince.

I'm not a straight girl, but based on what I've seen: The happiest women in my life (friends and family) are the ones who married the "good guys." My friends and family members who went/go for the "bad boys," have been through a lot of pain and heartbreak. =/

MissSoccerNinja
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:51 pm

hildebrant wrote:I'll keep it in mind. I did have some Yuuichi/Mai fanart in mind for that valentine's contest but I don't think I could get it done in time. Oh well, maybe I'll have time for the Halloween contest, as for the fics. I'll do what I can to think of some good stuff for him and Mai.

Tate x Mai stories are rather limited. Personally, I'd like to see more Tate x Natsuki. The grease monkey fic from last year really fucked me up in a good way.

MissSoccerNinja wrote:I'm not a straight girl, but based on what I've seen: The happiest women in my life (friends and family) are the ones who married the "good guys." My friends and family members who went/go for the "bad boys," have been through a lot of pain and heartbreak. =/

Right, in return the "good guys" go through vast amounts of trial and error until they find a woman who makes them feel special. Remember, you ladies aren't perfect either and are capable of tearing hearts to shreds. But where there's a bad, there's a good. Mai and Tate have their flaws as individuals (they're young for heaven's sake); they're young. At their age, the long journey to better yourself and with relationship, truly begins.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:I agree with you, hildebrant, Yuuichi doesn't seem like the born-royal type. It's funny you say that, because (Spoiler for Once Upon a Time)
Spoiler:

I've always thought of Yuuichi as the nice guy too. But I don't see being a nice guy as a bad thing at all. =] Think about it, it's a good thing Mai chose "good guy" Yuuichi over "bad boy" Reito ("bad boy" because of the darkness, the danger inside him), because if she hadn't, the Hime Carnival would repeat itself, and destroy the lives of many future Hime. It was Mai's love for Yuuichi that saved the world from the Obsidian Prince.

I'm not a straight girl, but based on what I've seen: The happiest women in my life (friends and family) are the ones who married the "good guys." My friends and family members who went/go for the "bad boys," have been through a lot of pain and heartbreak. =/

One more reason to check out Happily Ever After. David and Yuuichi could probably swap stories at this point saying "Yeah I've been there before" Yeah. More girls need to give the Nice Guys a try and not let them finish last. I could tell you some stories about how some girls willingly chose the bad boy as opposed to the nice guy.
Mai's love for Yuuichi saved the world from the Obsidian lord, and people think he never did anything good for the series.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:I'll keep it in mind. I did have some Yuuichi/Mai fanart in mind for that valentine's contest but I don't think I could get it done in time. Oh well, maybe I'll have time for the Halloween contest, as for the fics. I'll do what I can to think of some good stuff for him and Mai.

Tate x Mai stories are rather limited. Personally, I'd like to see more Tate x Natsuki. The grease monkey fic from last year really fucked me up in a good way.

MissSoccerNinja wrote:I'm not a straight girl, but based on what I've seen: The happiest women in my life (friends and family) are the ones who married the "good guys." My friends and family members who went/go for the "bad boys," have been through a lot of pain and heartbreak. =/

Right, in return the "good guys" go through vast amounts of trial and error until they find a woman who makes them feel special. Remember, you ladies aren't perfect either and are capable of tearing hearts to shreds. But where there's a bad, there's a good. Mai and Tate have their flaws as individuals (they're young for heaven's sake); they're young. At their age, the long journey to better yourself and with relationship, truly begins.

A Tate/Natsuki request. Wow not too often you ever hear about that from anyone. I do have a few fanart ideas in mind for those two, as for fanfics, we'll see what comes along in the old noggin.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:36 pm

hildebrant wrote:A Tate/Natsuki request. Wow not too often you ever hear about that from anyone. I do have a few fanart ideas in mind for those two, as for fanfics, we'll see what comes along in the old noggin.

Cool, make sure they're not too sappy. There's a special sort of conflict between two that I feel. The result of their romance will be extremely satisfying that way. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next