Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18]

5 posters

Go down

Take the plunge for Mashiro?

Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] Vote_lcap281%Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] I_vote_rcap 81% 
[ 17 ]
Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] Vote_lcap219%Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 21

Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] Empty Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro.
[Mai-Otome Episode 18]

Mai Otome Raw/Dub Comparisons 16: Aoi's sacrifice for Mashiro Scene

Ryoko Shintani and Jayna Mitchell as Aoi Senoh
Yukana and Katie Rowan as Mashiro Blan de Windbloom
Ai Shimizu and Maddie Duke as Mimi
Dunno as Random Slums people

One of the most powerful scenes in the entire Mai-Otome series, where the people of the slums discover Aoi Senou, Queen Mashiro's devoted maid. Forcing her to reveal the location of the queen, Aoi refuses as a helpless Mashiro watches on. This is a immense display of story telling; what do you expect from the Mai-Series? Tons of props to the character of Aoi in this scene. She could of been a snake in the grass to save her own skin and instead chose to remain faithful and true to Mashiro. I've never seen a maid in anime this loving and devoted since Elenore from Madlax.

And how could you not love Yuki Kajiura's music during this scene? By Lady Fumi, is this woman talented.

Thoughts on this amazing scene, share whether you would do the same for Queen Mashiro, depending on how YOU personally feel about her, etc.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] Empty Re: Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Double Post: Poll added. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18] Empty Re: Aoi Senoh's sacrifice for Queen Mashiro. [Mai-Otome Episode 18]

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 pm

I sure as hell wouldn't rat Mashiro out. Hell, I've never ratted out any of my friends, even if they rat ME out.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:46 am

SulliMike23 wrote:I sure as hell wouldn't rat Mashiro out. Hell, I've never ratted out any of my friends, even if they rat ME out.

That's a show of goof character, Sulli. We live in a cowardly world where we'd sell out our own friends for a candy bar. Anything stupid to show what a selfish race we are. :) Aoi showed a lot of bravery to face those slums people and tell them 'NO, I REFUSE'.

I'm sure those people of the slums deserve to be angry about their situations, but damn, see how anger and malice turn people ugly? Literally! Look at that scene again, all those people look terrible! Perfectly representing what hate does to human beings. They were acting no better than what they thought of Queen Mashiro. In fact they were worse. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by iRenji0713 Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:28 am

Such an awesome display of loyalty...

Aoi-chan was a big part of what showed Mashiro-chan the reality.
And what made her change for the better~ Wink
iRenji0713
iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Bubuzuke points : 404
Armitage GUTS!!! : 168

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:30 pm

iRenji0713 wrote:Such an awesome display of loyalty...

Aoi-chan was a big part of what showed Mashiro-chan the reality.
And what made her change for the better~ Wink

Precisely! It's scenes like this that will held my defense of Mai-Otome in our upcoming podcast. There is a lot of character development in Mai-Otome compared to Mai-HiME, more than people think. It's central characters Arika Yumemiya, Mashiro Blan de Windbloom and Nina Wang all went through a transformation of sorts, it's really incredible story-telling you can forgive the series for not advancing Mai-HiME's story further. xD Okay well, technically it is (that "bridge" Sunrise always implies) but Mai-Otome is so far into the future that it's the events of Mai-HiME are never mentioned, nor regarded as historic.

That's enough off topic, continue Aoi Senou discussion! xD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Well, for Aoi to rather die than let a mob do whatever to Mashiro shows that no matter what Mashiro has said or done to her that she's willing to be so loyal. It says a lot about her character and can prove that some maids, servants, butlers, etc. are willing to risk their own lives for the people they serve. Steadfast loyalty is very rare these days and not many people are willing to do what Aoi did for Mashiro. Had it been someone else, I think they would've ratted Mashiro out and let the mob do whatever they wanted to her.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 pm

It was indeed a heart-warming AND heart-wrenching scene.

I agree with what has been said already, so I don't have much to add. Loyalty is hard to come by in this day and age. And for some people, they may never encounter it. I think the problem stems with the "survival of the fittest" mindset that so many people are bred to think nowadays. But of course, that is just my opinion. -_-;

I do think that humans are selfish beings, and what that really comes down to is the "want" factor. What do you want more? In Aoi's case, she wanted Mashiro's safety over her own, and she chose her path accordingly.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:17 am

i also agree with what has been said here. i am not one to rat people out, unless they absolutely deserve it. but i never rat out my friends, no matter what they do. and if it came down to it, in a situation such as this, i'd give my life in order to save theirs.

loyalty is the most valuable trait to me, and i respect Aoi's decision greatly.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 am

XD Who was the a-hole who voted FUCK MASHIRO? I bet you enjoy kicking puppies and forcing your friends to watch Jaws: the Revenge and Dragon Ball Evolution while you squeeze your nipples in ecstasy.

>:3 Cruelty, Pass it on...NO...FORCE IT ON! A message from the Foundation of Ikezu~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:XD Who was the a-hole who voted FUCK MASHIRO? I bet you enjoy kicking puppies and forcing your friends to watch Jaws: the Revenge and Dragon Ball Evolution while you squeeze your nipples in ecstasy.

>:3 Cruelty, Pass it on...NO...FORCE IT ON! A message from the Foundation of Ikezu~

harsh words, but highly amusing xD
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down