Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath

4 posters

Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath Empty Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Discussion thread for Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:19 pm

hime - Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath Vlcsna48

Mai-HiME Episode III: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath picks up immediately where the second episode left off. Mai just summoned her powers and Element to protect Takumi against the monster. Nagi informs her that these rings of fire she wields are her Element. With the power to manipulate flames, Mai attempts to battle the monster. Mikoto finds Mai and Natsuki via sniffing and immediately jumps in on the action. I must say; the way Mikoto summons her CHILD (Miroku) is so awesome. The cat-like girl enters the fray and quickly cuts the monster in half. Nagi says he's not so sure as the monster still lives! Now able to attack in two halves.

With double the trouble, Nagi clues Mai in on the sealing sword nearby, that contains her captive CHILD, Kagutsuchi. Natsuki cries out in protest as it'll go along with "their" plans for the HiME, but to no avail. Mai learns that it was Kagutsuchi's essence that saved her and Mikoto after the ferry incident. Now this is a classic moment as not only Mai calls out for Kagutsuchi for the first time ever, we actually see the beast in his entirety. For the most part, I like Kagutuschi. He's like a flame dragon with strands of Jet aircraft "DNA". His vocalization is similar to that of a whale, first communicating with Mai in a sympathetic and peaceful way. As if he is telling her "It's okay, I am here to help you." It doesn't take long for this friendly giant to unleash it's fury, unleashing a blast that destroys both halves of the Orphan and causes a giant explosion around the mountain area. Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki survive the blast, thank goodness.

The next day at Fuka Academy, the entire student body is up in gossip about the explosion from last night. The explosion caused by Kagutsuchi left a large crater that could be seen from the Academy. Haruka Suzushiro investigates the marking, Akira Okuzaki is upset that his landscape painting is ruined and Natsuki begins digging information on Mai Tokiha. With help from the Student Council President, Shizuru Fujino, Natsuki learns that Mai came to Fuka on a Kazahana scholarship. Nothing out of the ordinary, though Shizuru questions Natsuki's interest. Mai and Takumi are questioned about what happened by the beautiful school nurse, Yohko Sagisawa. Reito makes the save by informing everyone that the cause of the crater was caused by a lightning strike. Even Yohko thinks that conclusion is ridiculous and suspects that Takumi is involved. But because he had such a rough time, she lets it slide.

Mai is then called to see the chairwoman of Fuka, Mashiro Kazahana. Tate accompanies her for a while, discussing the explosion from last night in the process. Mai and Tate share some playful chemistry yet again before reaching Mashiro's mansion. Mikoto appears as well and doesn't seem to fancy Kazahana either. Along with her maid, Fumi Himeno, Mashiro reveals she knows about the HiME too. Not only that, but also the monsters who are now publicly known as "Orphans". Monsters from another world that only maidens with powers, the HiME, can defeat. Mai refuses to be part of this whole plot to defeat monsters, but Mashiro makes it clear that she will take care of everything, including her, Mikoto and even Takumi, in return for her services.

The next day, Mikoto is at last wearing something other than just a shirt! She is now ready for 3rd year middle school as a result of Mashiro's enrollment. The episode ends abruptly with a wide shot of Fuka Academy, as if the series were to say "the stage is set..." This was SUNRISE in their prime, people. I love it!

Overall, the episode was really good, but a bit slow in the second half with all the exposition. Don't get me wrong, this is GOOD exposition as we aren't quite sure about the Orphans or how the HiME got these powers. The introduction of Yohko Sagisawa is a welcome addition to the story, as well as witnessing the first every ShizNat moment in Mai-HiME. At the time, I had a feeling these two were going to have a subtext relationship. Nothing serious. The way Shizuru would joke so naturally about "missing the juicy part" and making Natsuki blush made me suspicious when I first saw it. Now? It's sheer genius! In retrospect, ShizNat was there from the start and there's no disputing that!

hime - Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath Vlcsna49

+ Awesome opening fight
+ Mai Nakahara's "Kagutsuchi!!!"
+ Plot thickens around HiME and Orphans, but not TOO much which is good.
+ SHIZNAT!!! THE FIRST EVER!
- A bit slow
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 3: Dance of Flames/Star's Oath

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Episode 3, I can't think of anything special when I first saw the episode, except that I was in total dawness when Kagutsuchi ascended and made the whale noises X3 I also made a topic discussion from episode 3, which you can find here
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:34 am

Ally McBeal got in the way of an Episode 3 re-watch. Here it is though, a day late.

So we start where episode two left off, with Mai standing in front of her brother's form, summoning flames. From the beginning we get to see the power of Kagutsuchi and how, for now, it far outstrips Duran. Even Miroku. What is he anyway? He sounds like a dolphin or a whale, but he looks like a mix between a Phoenix and a dragon.

ShizNat Your faces are so close... just kiss you two! You can really feel how desperate Shizuru was to keep Natsuki close. She didn't show it that badly, but... yeah.

I think this episode kinda confused me at first, pace wise. We start off with an intense battle and then... everything slows down. Going from intense battle, to talking about Reito and Shizuru being the power couple is quite a gear shift. Even with Mashiro of Windbloom explaining about the scholarship and Mai and Mikoto's bath antics, it's still a tad uninteresting in comparison to the other episodes.

[and now my stream has stopped. I'll try and finish this off once my internet allows me to watch videos.]

GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 am

1) Kagutsuchi without a doubt was the most powerful and strong Child!

2) About ShizNat scene... It seemed to me, when Shizuru asked... Does this have something to do with what happened on the back hill?... and Natsuki replied that she did not want to involve her...

On Natsuki's part:
She could have lie to Shizuru and say that she has no idea what she's talking about. But she respects Shizuru, so she did not lie, though she did not tell the truth either.

On Shizuru's part:
It was an attempt to open up Natsuki. So she, in turn, could also open up to Natsuki and say that she, too, is a HiME ... I think, she wanted to work alongside with Natsuki... But Natsuki had chosen to remain silent, and Shizuru had respected Natsuki's choice.

Though, maybe, I'm reading too much into this...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:2) About ShizNat scene... It seemed to me, when Shizuru asked... Does this have something to do with what happened on the back hill?... and Natsuki replied that she did not want to involve her...

On Natsuki's part:
She could have lie to Shizuru and say that she has no idea what she's talking about. But she respects Shizuru, so she did not lie, though she did not tell the truth either.

On Shizuru's part:
It was an attempt to open up Natsuki. So she, in turn, could also open up to Natsuki and say that she, too, is a HiME ... I think, she wanted to work alongside with Natsuki... But Natsuki had chosen to remain silent, and Shizuru had respected Natsuki's choice.

Though, maybe, I'm reading too much into this...

About all this you wrote:

1) That just puts an stamp of authenticity on the ShizNat shipping. In a very early pre-Carnival arc episode, no doubt! Like you said, Natsuki could of lied to Shizuru about the incident on the hill. But come on, give her SOME credit! Their relationship is very honest and true, even as friends. Call me old fashioned, but I do not lie to my own girlfriend. Nothing to do with being a self-righteous boy scout, it's just the right thing to do. Shizuru deserves the truth and Natsuki knows this.

2) Agreed. At that point, Shizuru already knew Natsuki was a HiME. But why bring up the subjects of Orphans, First District and teaming with Mai? Shizuru is a good friend for allowing Natsuki to stand on her own two feet.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Their relationship is very honest and true, even as friends. Call me old fashioned, but I do not lie to my own girlfriend. Nothing to do with being a self-righteous boy scout, it's just the right thing to do.
Completely agree, plus the fourth Omake confirms that they have a very honest and true relationship.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
At that point, Shizuru already knew Natsuki was a HiME. But why bring up the subjects of Orphans, First District and teaming with Mai? Shizuru is a good friend for allowing Natsuki to stand on her own two feet.
Yeah... And I think she believes in Natsuki's abilities and that Natsuki can take care of herself... plus Natsuki was on her own since age seven... and under such conditions, like it or not, you either will learn to stand on your own two feet and be independent or you will be crushed...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:54 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:Yeah... And I think she believes in Natsuki's abilities and that Natsuki can take care of herself... plus Natsuki was on her own since age seven... and under such conditions, like it or not, you either will learn to stand on your own two feet and be independent or you will be crushed...

Precisely, V-chan. Making Shizuru the perfect girlfriend for Natsuki. XD Be honest now, nobody likes clingy types and despite how it may look in Nanzaki Iku's popular interpretation, Shizuru is not needy or clingy. Just supportive and that's all anyone can ever ask for in a relationship.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Making Shizuru the perfect girlfriend for Natsuki. XD Be honest now, nobody likes clingy types and despite how it may look in Nanzaki Iku's popular interpretation, Shizuru is not needy or clingy. Just supportive and that's all anyone can ever ask for in a relationship.
*vigorously nods her head in agreement*
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:35 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:*vigorously nods her head in agreement*

If bobbing your head like a Velociraptor indicates that I've reminded you of your love life, then I must apologize. X'D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:If bobbing your head like a Velociraptor indicates that I've reminded you of your love life, then I must apologize. X'D
Hahaha, thank lady fumi, no... it doesn't =)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:40 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:Hahaha, thank lady fumi, no... it doesn't =)

XD Good! You must have quite the Shizuru type on your hands then. Shizuru Kaichou 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:XD Good! You must have quite the Shizuru type on your hands then. Shizuru Kaichou 
Also no=) My hands are free at the moment=)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:
Also no=) My hands are free at the moment=)

o_o

You read it here, ladies! pokemon 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down