Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents?

+7
SulliMike23
ookamidesu
Krystal of Nol
Sergay Tate
Konaxookami
Luu Sky Sapphire
Valkyria Lightning
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? Empty Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents?

Post by Valkyria Lightning Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:06 am

well... actually I'd like to know your two cents about them :)

Since Shizuru is really well-mannered and drilled to total perfection (even in her "characteristics"), I can see them as very strict and traditional. Uhm...

Ok, the point is, I was writing a fanfic a few years ago with that topic. SAdly, I never came to the point where NAtsuki was supposed to meet Shizuru's mother. But... I kinda imagined her like this.

Shizuru's mother would be... old. Maybe already in her 50ies. Still good-looking though. Woman needs to take care, right?

~maybe the same appearance (but who knows if Shiz's father is european and she got the look from him?)
~raised in old traditions and she's very eager to teach her children the same way.
~very silent and obedient around others, but can become quite loud and furious when she is alone with her daughter (in several topics. But her span of patience would be endless, once she snaps out of it, RUN)
~bitter on the inside (she can't understand why Shizuru still haven't shown interest in a handsome man)
~arranges secret "dates" for her beloved daughter (when Shizuru comes home, there might be already a guy waiting for her. Ooh, what a b*tch)
~two-faced (a gift Shizuru got from her, ara)
~maybe even a tad violent (I could see her slapping Shizuru, don'T ask...)

As for her father, I didn't really think about o.o

~Business-man
~most of the time on trips
~rich
~spoils Shizuru whenever he is around

and... I don'T know. Maybe he's a bit more liberal, but his wife would convince him to do "better" than that...

Soo... where are your two cents? Shizuru Kaichou

edit: hm... now that I think about it... would Shizuru have siblings? all luckily in marriage, and she is the only one not wedded? XD
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:56 am

Everything you listed about Shizuru is right on the money, she was raised in a rich; traditional Japanese family. It's the type of environment that would have her questioning everything. Why she must follow tradition and why is attracted to the female gender. Thus leading to her meeting with Natsuki many years later.

Narsilia wrote:Shizuru's mother would be... old. Maybe already in her 50ies. Still good-looking though. Woman needs to take care, right?

I've always pictured a tad younger than that. Something like this:

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? PDVD_024_720x480
shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? PDVD_060_720x480

;p Yes, this is Mai-Otome (My-Otome 0~S.ifr~ to be exact). Una Shamrock is strongly hinted as Shizuru Viola's mother, so if we had to imagine what her mother looks like in the HiME-verse, she most likely looks like Una-sama. <3 Hot-mama-sama~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents?

Post by Konaxookami Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I've always considered the Fujino family to be pretty darn interesting. In my canon I've always had Shizuru's father the business, head of the family, type of guy. He runs the family business and the like, but tries to make time for family. Shizuru's his little girl I figure, so she's been spoiled I would bet. I always had her father be a bit of a tease, a jovial sort of man who likes to relax with his family, but can be totally serious business when needed and is very smart. I've always figured he'd bring out the better side in Shizuru's mother, who was raised to be very proper and prim.

Her mother on the other hand, was probably the first born child in her family, raised like a proper woman and the like. She's the source of all Shizuru's etiquette and proper manners. She's the one who taught her to have a love for tea and the traditional things in Japan, kimonos, tea ceremonies, and all the manners a proper woman should have, including the 'court-face' or mask Shizuru's quite fond of using in front of others. That being said, she is a loving person who does want the best for her children and wants to help them achieve their goals in any way she can. As for how she feels about Shizuru being gay...I can see her accepting it because it makes Shizuru happy, and I just see her family being supportive and trying to understand all of it.

But that's just my canon. As for looks...I'll open that can of worms when I get to it in a fanfiction. xD
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:50 am

i agree with everything Kona said, except maybe of her mother being so accepting of her sexuality. being proper and traditional would make it incredibly hard for her to accept. i can see Shizurus mother being highly against it at first, but eventually coming around when she sees just how happy it makes her (although this would take quite some time i think).

and i agree with Narsilia that Shizuru is either a single child, or the last born with the rest out of home at an early age, leaving her to be pampered by her incredibly hard working, but very loving dad.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 pm

I like what Konaxookami said but I also agree with Sergay, not matter how much I wish to I doubt her mother is so accept of her sexuality, especially if 'her mother was probably the first born child in her family, raised like a proper woman and the like'

Oh but also her father could be something like this:

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? Kinema10
leek
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Thank you all :)

Your 2 cents really help me a lot to go on with my little project :3

And reading your insights is really interesting to me and helps to get a better image of Shizuru's mother.

What I wondered, was about following scene.

If Natsuki would come with Shizuru to visit her family, they would surely treat her in a nice and polite manner. But... what would happen if Shizuru's mother would catch them being "too close"? Like... sleeping together on one futon or watching them kiss?

My thought... she wouldn'T speak to Natsuki about it at first (guess that comes in a moment where Natsuki is all alone and without Shizuru next to her), but somehow I'm sure that hell would break lose for Shizuru. You know... the... face-to-face war between mother and daughter?

The talk itself would start very calm and serious, but what if someone dares to say the wrong argument?
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:03 pm

Narsilia wrote:Thank you all :)

And reading your insights is really interesting to me and helps to get a better image of Shizuru's mother.

If Natsuki would come with Shizuru to visit her family, they would surely treat her in a nice and polite manner. But... what would happen if Shizuru's mother would catch them being "too close"? Like... sleeping together on one futon or watching them kiss?

My thought... she wouldn'T speak to Natsuki about it at first (guess that comes in a moment where Natsuki is all alone and without Shizuru next to her), but somehow I'm sure that hell would break lose for Shizuru. You know... the... face-to-face war between mother and daughter?

The talk itself would start very calm and serious, but what if someone dares to say the wrong argument?

i reckon Shizuru's parents would be very welcoming of Natsuki into their home. they were treat her well. but, if they were to be caught being "too close" i think it would be one of those scenes were they close the door really slowly with a scowl on their face (if that makes sense). they might be a touch less accommodating to Natsuki after that, but they would still be nice. but once Natsuki left, there would definitely be words from mother to daughter. it might get heated, but i think it would be pretty quiet, although there could be alot of VERY hurtful tones and words, but no yelling.

it would be like Shizurus mother knew (obviously, because she saw them) but was trying to hide the fact that she saw them.

once again, that's just my 2 cents Mai Tokiha
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:37 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:
Narsilia wrote:Thank you all :)

i reckon Shizuru's parents would be very welcoming of Natsuki into their home. they were treat her well. but, if they were to be caught being "too close" i think it would be one of those scenes were they close the door really slowly with a scowl on their face (if that makes sense). they might be a touch less accommodating to Natsuki after that, but they would still be nice. but once Natsuki left, there would definitely be words from mother to daughter. it might get heated, but i think it would be pretty quiet, although there could be alot of VERY hurtful tones and words, but no yelling.

it would be like Shizurus mother knew (obviously, because she saw them) but was trying to hide the fact that she saw them.

once again, that's just my 2 cents Mai Tokiha

I agree here. IT's one thing accepting that your daughter is gay, but quite another thing to have to see it when you still aren't entirely comfortable with the idea. The Fujinos are a polite bunch, so like you guys, I'm sure they really wouldn't say anything. It'd be the 'everyone knows they know and we know...but no one will admit they know' sort of thing before Natsuki leaves then afterwards Shizuru and Mama Fujino would have one of those sit downs about 'proper behavior' and the like, and I can see them having one of those quiet arguments. The ones where it's like a proper battle of wills and wits, but there is no yelling. Or perhaps Shizuru may loose it at the end and actually yell at her mother about how she can't change anything, that she's an adult now, and it doesn't matter that Natsuki's a girl, she loves her. That would probably end the whole problem I believe. Either they'd just not talk about it anymore, or they'd just try their darndest to get over it since it would be clear it is no phase.
Just my idea though. x3
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Konaxookami wrote:I agree here. IT's one thing accepting that your daughter is gay, but quite another thing to have to see it when you still aren't entirely comfortable with the idea. The Fujinos are a polite bunch, so like you guys, I'm sure they really wouldn't say anything. It'd be the 'everyone knows they know and we know...but no one will admit they know' sort of thing before Natsuki leaves then afterwards Shizuru and Mama Fujino would have one of those sit downs about 'proper behavior' and the like, and I can see them having one of those quiet arguments. The ones where it's like a proper battle of wills and wits, but there is no yelling. Or perhaps Shizuru may loose it at the end and actually yell at her mother about how she can't change anything, that she's an adult now, and it doesn't matter that Natsuki's a girl, she loves her. That would probably end the whole problem I believe. Either they'd just not talk about it anymore, or they'd just try their darndest to get over it since it would be clear it is no phase.
Just my idea though. x3

agreed Arika Yumemiya
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:18 am

aaah :)

Ok, had something like that in mind ^^ Shizuru yelling at the very last point of the discussion would be interesting to see (since it shows how distressed she must be) Oô I think, I've never seen her in such an angry mood in the series? (not even in my dreams... geez)

will add that into my list :D

Thanks guys, you are great! Next fanart will be dedicated to you ^__^
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:04 pm

To be honest, I didn't read the answers given before mine... because I'm lazy.
I just wanted to give my two-cents on how I imagined Shizuru Fujino's parents to be like.

I always imagined her father as the strict head of house. The guy that runs the family business, which is a mid-sized company. He's always on business trips, so he doesn't get to see his family much. He's the kind of guy that doesn't know how to show he cares, so he ends up seeming like a cold father. He cares for her, but at the same time, would impose his will onto her.

Her mother would be the kind of woman who supports the father. She is the kind of woman who likes to avoid conflict, and hence, allows the father's treatment toward Shizuru to go unchanged. But at the same time, she would be there to assure Shizuru that her father loves her and tell her that her father is just bad with emotions.

I imagine them both to be very traditional in their mindsets... and very strict with her. I noticed as I skimmed that many people say she was pampered. I disagree with this. I don't think she was pampered at all. She is near-perfect in many people's eyes. Which means that she had to learn a lot more than the average student in high school. She does things like tea ceremonies and can handle whiny school officials with such grace. That is not something a pampered child of a rich family would know how to do.

That is, of course, just my opinion. :D
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:35 pm

I suppose it's all up to speculation on the identities of Shizuru's parents. For all we know, one of them is a big tease like Shizuru, the other could be a hardlined traditionalist, or they could both be very strict but loving parents. Considering that Shizuru was born with a big silver spoon in her mouth and she was brought up to act very prim and proper in Japanese etiquette, at least one of her parents must have had a hand in raising her that way while the other was busy with her family's company.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:03 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:I suppose it's all up to speculation on the identities of Shizuru's parents. For all we know, one of them is a big tease like Shizuru, the other could be a hardlined traditionalist, or they could both be very strict but loving parents. Considering that Shizuru was born with a big silver spoon in her mouth and she was brought up to act very prim and proper in Japanese etiquette, at least one of her parents must have had a hand in raising her that way while the other was busy with her family's company.

Yup. And it makes you wonder if maybe Reito's parents were friends with Shizuru's parents... you know, given their similarities in how they handle themselves. :3

Except for, you know, the part where Reito turned into an evil second-rate villain and Shizuru went batshit insane. >.>;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 am

ookamidesu wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:I suppose it's all up to speculation on the identities of Shizuru's parents. For all we know, one of them is a big tease like Shizuru, the other could be a hardlined traditionalist, or they could both be very strict but loving parents. Considering that Shizuru was born with a big silver spoon in her mouth and she was brought up to act very prim and proper in Japanese etiquette, at least one of her parents must have had a hand in raising her that way while the other was busy with her family's company.

Yup. And it makes you wonder if maybe Reito's parents were friends with Shizuru's parents... you know, given their similarities in how they handle themselves. :3

Except for, you know, the part where Reito turned into an evil second-rate villain and Shizuru went batshit insane. >.>;

that is quite possible, and in all honesty, highly probable. Reito becoming the OL is a different form of going batshit insane lol. maybe they're siblings? :O lol xD
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:27 am

Sergay Tate wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:

that is quite possible, and in all honesty, highly probable. Reito becoming the OL is a different form of going batshit insane lol. maybe they're siblings? :O lol xD

LOL. Well, different last names... maybe cousins?
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:32 am

ookamidesu wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:

LOL. Well, different last names... maybe cousins?

well... they at least knew each other growing up somehow i'd say xD lol.
Perhaps this has made for an interesting FanFic? Razz
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Here's another thing...

Do you think Shizuru had siblings? I don't remember if this was ever addressed or if Sunrise just left it open-ended. There are plenty of fics that say both. But just for fun... what do you guys think?
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:43 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Here's another thing...

Do you think Shizuru had siblings? I don't remember if this was ever addressed or if Sunrise just left it open-ended. There are plenty of fics that say both. But just for fun... what do you guys think?
I was under the assumption that she was an only child.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:49 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:

Like Shizuru said in her omake, there are things she hasn't opened up to yet with Natsuki. We don't know anything really concerning her earlier years. I'm pretty sure siblings would of been mentioned, but like some of us, we may resent siblings. You never know with Shizuru Fujino. She's mysterious and I like that about her.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:

Like Shizuru said in her omake, there are things she hasn't opened up to yet with Natsuki. We don't know anything really concerning her earlier years. I'm pretty sure siblings would of been mentioned, but like some of us, we may resent siblings. You never know with Shizuru Fujino. She's mysterious and I like that about her.

For all we know, she could have been raised by a single parent... and her siblings all ran away from home. ^-^;

Ah, the mystery that is our kyoto tease.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Everything you listed about Shizuru is right on the money, she was raised in a rich; traditional Japanese family. It's the type of environment that would have her questioning everything. Why she must follow tradition and why is attracted to the female gender. Thus leading to her meeting with Natsuki many years later.

Narsilia wrote:Shizuru's mother would be... old. Maybe already in her 50ies. Still good-looking though. Woman needs to take care, right?

I've always pictured a tad younger than that. Something like this:

shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? PDVD_024_720x480
shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? PDVD_060_720x480

;p Yes, this is Mai-Otome (My-Otome 0~S.ifr~ to be exact). Una Shamrock is strongly hinted as Shizuru Viola's mother, so if we had to imagine what her mother looks like in the HiME-verse, she most likely looks like Una-sama. <3 Hot-mama-sama~

First time I saw Una Shamrock I was sure she was supposed to be Fujino's mother, I was wrong but she looks (and kind of acts) like I'd expect Shizuru's Mother to act, that or Ahn Lu
shizuru - Shizuru Fujino/Viola's parents or grandparents? PDVD_027_720x480
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:07 pm

Ahn Lu apparently taught Viola everything she knows, according to Chie.

Idea

O_O; OH MY FUMI.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 pm

I think of Shizuru as an only child.
And well, in part thanks to some fics I read in my early ShizuNatsu days, I thought of her as a rich girl.
So I imagined her parents being strict and always busy with business. Specially her dad.
And her mother always teaching her how to be the proper lady. But it wasn't her mom who taught her about the tea ceremony or any other japanese art. Instead she'd be given private classes by real sensei in the matter, so she could learn only from the best and be perfect.

And In my mind she'd get more of the care from her granparents. Either granma, grandpa or both.

Maybe my idea should change about them and make them more likeable... Razz

And on another note, I don't think Reito would know Shizuru from before.
Even if he has the "same" mannerisms as Shizuru, let's remember that he comes from an ancient family. So, they like to preserve some of the old arts. And he, being the successor has to learn them as part of his education.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Ahn Lu apparently taught Viola everything she knows, according to Chie.

Idea

O_O; OH MY FUMI.

O_O; OH MY FUMI INDEED
Imagine Family Reunions
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:43 am

I always imagined Shizuru as a someone with strong family values and who grew up in a loving family... One of the reasons is the way Shizuru carries herself and her politeness, elegance and proper manners (these traits of her character never struck me as something that had been forced upon her by parents, cuz they contain a certain playfulness(?), easiness(?)... therefore, it's more like that she herself naturally got these traits from the example of her parents).

Ah, and I think Shizuru's an only child =)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next