Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uta no Prince-sama

3 posters

Go down

Uta no Prince-sama Empty Uta no Prince-sama

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm

I was introduced to this series by my new friend Vanessa and I have to be honest, this is the first bishonen filled anime I've watched in a LONG time. Not that I have anything against the pretty males (or the yaoi situations they may get themselves into), it's just that with all my yuri filled communities dropping even more yuri at my doorstep, it's hard to find an alternative. THAT alternative has finally arrived and it's called Uta no Prince-sama!

Uta no Prince-sama Uta-no10

We're introduced to a boy band?! NO!!! THERE HAS TO BE A MIAKA YUUKI CHARACTER SOMEWHERE IN THIS SEA OF MALES!

Uta no Prince-sama Sp6-1

You saved my life, fair maiden. Meet Haruka Nanami, she is a pianist which an obsession for Hayato, her #1 idol. Who many don't seem to like in this series. Gee, some idol! Hayato's brief mentioning says that he's like Weird Al in his style of music. Only if Al were Japanese...short haired....young.....and gay.

Hoping to capture his heart one day, she enters Saotome Academy. A co-ed academy (doesn't seem like it...BISHIE EVERYWHERE!!!) with many young promising students and colorful supporting characters. Now I'm only in the third episode, but oh my god, what is up with some of these characters!? To get Haruka out of the way, she's your typical nice girl; fish out of water character. I don't like tossing the word "cliche" at characters like this because who can't feel sympathy for the nice girl? They're so unrealistic, like a NICE pet cat!

By the way, The Headmaster's entrance was so epic, that it couldn't be posted here. (okay I couldn't find a clip. Look up the first episode and find it!)

Uta no Prince-sama Sp7

Haruka is not alone when the beautiful Shibuya Tomochika joins her! She's such a thimble full of catnip that, without her, Haruka would be seriously lost. It doesn't take long to meet several of the bishonen around the Academy, most of them introduce themselves to Haruka as if she were the last female left on Earth.

Uta no Prince-sama Sp37 : Uh, helloooooo?

It turns out that the students aren't the only ones with charisma, check out their teachers:

Uta no Prince-sama Sp23

IT'S LUU SKY SAPPHIRE IF HE EVER EMBRACED HIS INNER GIRL!!!

Uta no Prince-sama Sp24

o_o What?

So afterward, more bishonen and antics begin to ensue around Haruka. It will take a few more viewings to remember the guy names, what I do remember is the comedy scenes between them. This series reminds me so much of Fushigi Yuugi, I swear. The return of those randomly placed over-the-top SD scenes. And you know what? I LOVE IT! Check this out:

Uta no Prince-sama Sp17-1
Uta no Prince-sama Sp19

Later on we get to discover more of Haruka's back story, how she started playing the piano and Hayato. They were very brief explanations that could of been elaborated, I mean she is the main character and Hayato means a lot to her so...

Uta no Prince-sama Sp59-1

Jiminy crickets!! HOW DID HE GET HERE!? FATE!? DESTINY!? Well it turns out he is not Hayato, but his twin brother; Ichinose Tokiya.. So HE says. BULLSHIT I says; tricked I was. He could just be Hayato simply hating his alter-ego or something like that. In a series with such a strong air of mystery; nothing is certain. Now, am I sold on this series so a far? YES. The characters are fun, it's a "reverse" harem anime, it has that Fushigi Yuugi feel (comedy wise) and how could you not love the Headmaster? That guy could outperform Lady Gaga on his worst day! When I'm finished with the series, I'll give it a final review.

I am Luu Sky Sapphire. Live and in your pantsu.

Uta no Prince-sama Sp33-1
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Uta no Prince-sama Empty Re: Uta no Prince-sama

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:30 am

For some reason, this series just reminds me 'La Corda D'Oro'. Whichi is basically the same.
A reversed Harem, with a girl studying in a music school with lots of guys following her around as if the last pepsi on the world.

Is this series any good?? I watched 'La corda d'oro' and liked it because of the music. But I'm not too sure about this one...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I've been wanting to watch this xD

I like the blue haired guy at first glance, but hasn't had the chance to give this series a try.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down