Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

+6
shezaei-neko
Valkyria Lightning
Chaglette
MidnightPersona
Krystal of Nol
Luu Sky Sapphire
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saeko Kuga: Worthy entry to the series or "just there?"

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Vote_lcap249%natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga I_vote_rcap 49% 
[ 17 ]
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Vote_lcap229%natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 10 ]
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Vote_lcap26%natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Vote_lcap216%natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 35

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Empty Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_10
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_10
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_11
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_11
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_12
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_13
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko_12

Saeko Kuga is the mother of Natsuki Kuga. In the anime, she mostly appeared in flashbacks annnnnnnd that's about it. Her name is no doubt Saeko because Natsuki's seiyuu is named Saeko. Clever in-joke on the part of SUNRISE? If not, why isn't her name Miki Kuga? Okay, Saeko Kuga is really voiced by Miki Nagasawa. Now a lot of people make the argument that Saeko was Natsuki's most precious person at one time before discovering the awful truth from big nose cliche shady character stereotype John Smith, thus claiming she not longer has anyone precious to her. What our grumpy ice princess didn't know is that, subconsciously, Shizuru was and is her most important person. I call it like I see it....

Proof!

Natsuki no Prelude They had a connection before the series even kicked off?!

Proof!

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga PDVD_213 General trust in each other.

Proof!

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga PDVD_070 Knowing Shizuru is always thinking about her and is always willing to help if something's wrong.

PROOF!

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga PDVD_122 Being a good listener during Natsuki's depression.

Okay I better stop with my praise of ShizNat before it attracts the resident ConfusedMatthew of MM. :3

Now was Saeko ever truly Natsuki's M.I.P.? Well I don't know if having a dead person counts. I mean if Duran became green sparkles thanks to Diana (WISHFUL THINKING! IT'S CALLED A.U.! A PLACE WHERE KAZUYA AND HARUKA CAN HAVE A SUCCESSFUL RELATIONSHIP!), then who gets the dramatic death? Can someone explain that to me? Maybe that's why Yoshino Hiroyuki created Natsuki no Prelude...

Natsuki no Prelude(TWO shameless plugs make gay rainbows appear!)

...to silence the "plot hole!" rantings.. Now what do we know from seeing brief scenes of Saeko from the anime? Well she appears to be a nice; caring mother with one heck of a career. Until she decided to sell her to Searrs.

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Natsuk10

And then there's the manga, where Saeko is thankfully alive. If Alyssa being Natsuki's sister didn't turn you off to the manga, then you'll be happy to know that Saeko plays a bigger role. Even giving away vital information about the HiME star early on. And people don't like the manga. Pfft. PFFT to all of you! >:3

Like the anime before it, she also has connections to the Searrs Foundation and she is brought back from death (or was it near-death?) along with controlling a more powerful version of Duran and wielding her own element!

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga 73140010

Discuss and rate this very vague and beautiful character using the poll. The goal is to unearth more about Kuga's mom. After all...

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga S320x210 : There may be something there that wasn't there beforrrrrre.

God I love that movie. Have fun! :) This thread will be moved to the Mai-HiME Forum in a few days. It will nest here for promotional reasons. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Empty Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Krystal of Nol Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Well I believe she's important in both the anime and my not-so-favorite manga.

In the anime, well like you said she was Natsuki motivation until she realizes that Shizuru is way more important than revenge against district one (even in two Childs had to paid the prize for her lateness). It was seeking for her revenge that Natsuki fought and turned into the awesome badass that we (and obviously Shizuru) love!

The manga on the other hand, well even when things turn out really diferent with Saeko still being alive and created Miyu and Alyssa, she is still the motivation for Natsuki to fight: revenge on the HiME that took her mother away from her.

So yeah, in my opinion she's important!
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Empty Re: Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:Well I believe she's important in both the anime and my not-so-favorite manga.

In the anime, well like you said she was Natsuki motivation until she realizes that Shizuru is way more important than revenge against district one (even in two Childs had to paid the prize for her lateness). It was seeking for her revenge that Natsuki fought and turned into the awesome badass that we (and obviously Shizuru) love!

The manga on the other hand, well even when things turn out really diferent with Saeko still being alive and created Miyu and Alyssa, she is still the motivation for Natsuki to fight: revenge on the HiME that took her mother away from her.

So yeah, in my opinion she's important!

Yeah, Saeko is pretty much Natsuki Kuga's overall motivation. xD Some would call Saeko a plot device, but I digress. If only that love for Shizuru were there in the manga...instead she has Tate love! giggity

Honestly I expected that "Mother...you're alive?" moment from Mortal Kombat Annihilation to happen...

...only with better acting. Saeko could of played a personal enemy for Natsuki instead of Nao. Saeko with element powers vs. Dark Shizuru? :D Ratings!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 pm

[quote="Luu Sky Sapphire"]
Krystal of Nol wrote:
Honestly I expected that "Mother...you're alive?" moment from Mortal Kombat Annihilation to happen...

...only with better acting. Saeko could of played a personal enemy for Natsuki instead of Nao. Saeko with element powers vs. Dark Shizuru? :D Ratings!

Way better acting if you don't mind me. Oh it would be really interesting to watch that fight, but how Natsuki would open their eyes this time, perhaps kissing Shizuru in front of her mother still would do the trick? XD Then telling Saeko that she'd protect Shizuru no matter if she has to fight agaisnt her own mother...
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 pm

I discuss the matter of how I truly do not believe a dead entity could be a MIP, especially if, ya know, they can't die which is the point of the green sparkles. Just saying xD

You can read it here: https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t1031-natsuki-s-duran

Also, It's Shizuru. Has been Shizuru. And will continue to be Shizuru. xD

But Saeko was important to keep people on their toes in HiME, used to cause Natsuki's character to build, break, and show how Shizuru could re-build the blunette even in her crazed state of mind.

But I HATE THE MANGA! With a BIRNING PASSION! The only thing I LIKE about it is the HaruKino.

MaiNatTate is just creepy as fuck.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:
Way better acting if you don't mind me. Oh it would be really interesting to watch that fight, but how Natsuki would open their eyes this time, perhaps kissing Shizuru in front of her mother still would do the trick? XD Then telling Saeko that she'd protect Shizuru no matter if she has to fight agaisnt her own mother...

XD If Saeko is homophobic enough, she'll be thrown off balance long enough for Natsuki to get the finishing blow. xD Better she defeats her mother than Shizuru. That naginata has enough blood on it. o_o

MidnightPersona wrote:[color=purple]I discuss the matter of how I truly do not believe a dead entity could be a MIP, especially if, ya know, they can't die which is the point of the green sparkles. Just saying xD

Maybe destroying Duran, with Saeko as the M.I.P. erases her from existence. Now wouldn't that suck ass...turning into green sparkles in the afterlife. o_o; Ugh, enough DBZ logic.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Maybe destroying Duran, with Saeko as the M.I.P. erases her from existence. Now wouldn't that suck ass...turning into green sparkles in the afterlife. o_o; Ugh, enough DBZ logic.

I know my DBZ and they are not the same. DragonBalls and their weird as fuck afterlife is NOT THE SAME as green sparkles off doom. I refuse to accept that logic because you cannot have someone be an MIP if they're DEAD. HiME-Star logic wouldn't allow such.

The mix between logics has me going ARGH! Because DBZ HAD NO LOGIC xD

"I will come back from death OVER 9,000 TIMES! MUWAHAHA

Just... really Luu? xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:12 am

One word: Moar Saeko!! >O<

Okay so that's two words ^^;
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 am

BUT GREEN SPARKLES DOESN'T MEAN PERMANANT DEATH! I MEAN, WHERE DID SHIZNAT, HARUKA AND KAZUYA REALLY GO? DETROIT!?

MidnightPersona wrote:DBZ HAD NO LOGIC xD

You win.

@ Chie-sama: Two sexy words. Saeko is a much sexier name than Natsuki. ;3

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Hm... it's kinda confusing how they can't keep the story-lines even.

In Mai HimE- series, she's dead and wanted to sell Natsuki. ok.

In Mai HimE- manga, she survived and makes quite a twist in the whole story, which includes Alyssa to be Natsuki'S sister. eeh.

and in the "Unmei no keitouju"- game, her name is 'Mutsumi Kujyo', who works at the Fuuka Academy Church alongside Father Greer and gets killed by Shizuru? @__@

... *brain - error*

I demand coffee over that!
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Chie-sama wrote:One word: Moar Saeko!! >O<

Know how Krystal-chan always says there is never enough ShizNat? Well there certainly isn't enough Saeko-sama! >:3

Narsilia wrote:Hm... it's kinda confusing how they can't keep the story-lines even.

In Mai HimE- manga, she survived and makes quite a twist in the whole story, which includes Alyssa to be Natsuki'S sister. eeh.

and in the "Unmei no keitouju"- game, her name is 'Mutsumi Kujyo', who works at the Fuuka Academy Church alongside Father Greer and gets killed by Shizuru? @__@

... *brain - error*

*gives you coffee with extra Austrian steroids*

You know what's even more of a mindfuck? Supposedly Unmei no keitouju is a follow up to the Mai-HiME anime series...meaning she was alive this whole time.

Shizuru Kaichou : *slice* Nay~

^^; I'll take that back, until we get a full translation for the Unmei no keitouju game, we can assume it's an AU storyline? The Mai-Series tends to do that. Viola

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:07 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Chie-sama wrote:One word: Moar Saeko!! >O<

Know how Krystal-chan always says there is never enough ShizNat? Well there certainly isn't enough Saeko-sama! >:3

Narsilia wrote:Hm... it's kinda confusing how they can't keep the story-lines even.

... *brain - error*

*gives you coffee with extra Austrian steroids*

You know what's even more of a mindfuck? Supposedly Unmei no keitouju is a follow up to the Mai-HiME anime series...meaning she was alive this whole time.

Shizuru Kaichou : *slice* Nay~

^^; I'll take that back, until we get a full translation for the Unmei no keitouju game, we can assume it's an AU storyline? The Mai-Series tends to do that. Viola

DANKE! *gulps down**purrs with Nao-voice* I feel so MANLY right nao!

... a follow up. Are you cereal? *HEADDESK**desk just broke* @@

uhm... I got some parts... one translated by weto, one by krystal. If I keep up with being a pain in the butt, we should be able to reconstruct it one day, ahahahaha ^^;
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:30 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Know how Krystal-chan always says there is never enough ShizNat? Well there certainly isn't enough Saeko-sama! >:3

Of course! >:3 Let's start by getting a Saeko-mama emoticon!
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 am

Narsilia wrote:uhm... I got some parts... one translated by weto, one by krystal. If I keep up with being a pain in the butt, we should be able to reconstruct it one day, ahahahaha ^^;

There is an ENTIRE walkthrough on Nico Nico, maybe you can attempt to translate it all? XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Chie-sama wrote:
Of course! >:3 Let's start by getting a Saeko-mama emoticon!

Oh that's a nice idea, but which Saeko? From the anime or manga?
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:Oh that's a nice idea, but which Saeko? From the anime or manga?[/color]

The one from the manga, she's more relevant and badass. Sadpanda-to-say, there's no good chibi image of her. ;_; Or any chibi images of her at all.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The one from the manga, she's more relevant and badass. Sadpanda-to-say, there's no good chibi image of her. ;_; Or any chibi images of her at all.

Indeed there're not many but what do you guys think about this one?
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko11
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:Indeed there're not many but what do you guys think about this one?
natsuki - Saeko Kuga: The Mother of Natsuki Kuga Saeko11

O_O OOO, I like that one!! XD Did you make that Saeko yourself, Krystal-chan?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:27 am

[quote="Luu Sky Sapphire"]
Krystal of Nol wrote:
O_O OOO, I like that one!! XD Did you make that Saeko yourself, Krystal-chan?

No, I just colour it, it's from the manga Arashi.
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:21 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:
No, I just colour it, it's from the manga Arashi.

Oh! No matter, we'll take it! Thank you, Krystal-chan. Supplying us with Natsuki mamas. XDDDD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Oh! No matter, we'll take it! Thank you, Krystal-chan. Supplying us with Natsuki mamas. XDDDD

No problem! Glad to be of help!
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Well....Saeko was important.
As most of you have said, she was Natsuki's motivation regardless what happened after.
Yeah, it was quite a shock for our beloved Natsuki to discover that her mother would sell her but in the end tried to make up her mistake, which sadly cost her her life....
I like how she was in the anime and even in the manga.
In the manga she became corrupted, but maybe it wasn't completely her fault, so I forgive her for almost trying to kill Natsuki that time.

And let's not forget how wonderful she is in the Otome Manga. She really enjoys teasing Natsuki and embarrass her.
I really prefer Saeko-mama in Otome manga. :}
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darthtabby Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 am

While anime Saeko arguably got selfish by accepting payment for bringing Natsuki to Searrs, it's worth noting that she may have had some idea of what the Hime Festival entailed. From her perspective she may actually have been doing what was best for her daughter.

Darthtabby
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Haha, Saeko-mama! :3 She was very overlooked as a villain in the manga. It's characters like her and the more brutal Obsidian Lord in Takumi that make the manga incredibly noteworthy.

Darthtabby wrote:While anime Saeko arguably got selfish by accepting payment for bringing Natsuki to Searrs, it's worth noting that she may have had some idea of what the Hime Festival entailed. From her perspective she may actually have been doing what was best for her daughter.

From her perspective, yes. Saeko was a good mother to Natsuki for the majority of her young(er) life. But anyone and I do mean anyone can fall in with a bad crowd and suffer the consequences for it.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:36 pm

That's right Luu.
Unfortunately Saeko-mama messed up with the wrong people...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next