Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

+23
LiteraryAnomaly
GhibliFreek
BMeph
firesphere306
Konaxookami
Aud8
Sergay Tate
Yuri-hime
depression76
MidnightPersona
Highman
hildebrant
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
pokemoneg
ookamidesu
Chibi Rachy
Flamewolf119
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Milla
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 4 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:22 pm

KENDO HACKED INTO NEGGI'S COMPUTER!

:evil:

Thanks for the offer, Kendo! Your work is rather exquisite. I'll pass a request along to Neggi in the near future. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 4 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I guess I should start a list or something... I'll work on that. So... for a gathering meal, it seems like lunch works for most people right nao? I know we can't set a particular date/time until the con schedule is released. I don't think I was typically doing anything during the lunch hour. I suppose if we want to go to the Cheesecake Factory to eat at one point, lunch would be better than dinner. Like I said, Risembool Rangers tend to meet there on Saturday evening. We could also make reservations if all else failed for an evening if we had an idea of how many would be attending. What does everyone prefer? Lunch or dinner?
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm game for either. :D
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:I guess I should start a list or something... I'll work on that. So... for a gathering meal, it seems like lunch works for most people right nao? I know we can't set a particular date/time until the con schedule is released. I don't think I was typically doing anything during the lunch hour. I suppose if we want to go to the Cheesecake Factory to eat at one point, lunch would be better than dinner. Like I said, Risembool Rangers tend to meet there on Saturday evening. We could also make reservations if all else failed for an evening if we had an idea of how many would be attending. What does everyone prefer? Lunch or dinner?

Seems like everyone is flexible in this situation, although Neggi is the only one who strongly suggested lunch since she can't be around during the late hours. Anywhere is fine with me, Cheesecake Factory ftw!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 am

Well, I made a list anyway. We could also do a light lunch in the Harbor as well and then a big dinner at Cheesecake Factory. I know my first Otakon we went to a pizza place in one of the malls there that wasn't too badly priced. There are many options.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:09 pm

During most of my recent visits to Otakon, we never really ate fancy since my friends were only in the mood for something quick. So off we went to that crowded Burger King across the street. ^^; No beef with BK (no pun intended), but what a shitty place to eat while on vacation.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:30 pm

Last Otakon, my roommates and I walked about 2 blocks down from the Days Inn to a KFC. One of my friends had a coupon for one of those family deals so we used that to get $20 worth of food between us. It lasted nearly all weekend and we still had some on Sunday that we tossed out. Between that and some of the food we brought, no one ate out really. I had to buy lunch on Sunday and I bought breakfast on Saturday at the hotel. Oh and there was the time my friend and I went to this noodle place in the Harbor.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:02 am

I don't really care where we go for lunch, but if there is a maid cafe, we should totally go there at some point. >U>
"Nekogami ramen please?"
But I'd like to meet up at lunch everyday so I can also put the customizations in laptops as mentioned in my thread. >A>
But also, drag Hollow and Dye around... >U<
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:25 pm

LOL You'll have to restrain me at a Maid Cafe.

I'm fine with whatever you have planned, ladies. Just make sure you bring something extra for your little lunkhead, Rach. ;p As for Neggi, I'd feel better if you did the customizations back at the hotel. I don't trust an army of Otaku around my laptop. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Maid Cafe!? They actually have those? O_O''

>///>

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Hollowed-Words wrote:Maid Cafe!? They actually have those? O_O''

>///>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeshum.

Hollowed-Words wrote:Going to a strip club for my 18th birthday. I couldn't stop shaking >_<

Deja-vu all over again. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:LOL You'll have to restrain me at a Maid Cafe.

I'm fine with whatever you have planned, ladies. Just make sure you bring something extra for your little lunkhead, Rach. ;p As for Neggi, I'd feel better if you did the customizations back at the hotel. I don't trust an army of Otaku around my laptop. :)
Eh? >A>; Luu that sounded so very wrong. So very very wrong.

>U> There was a maid cafe at Katsucon but I missed the chance. ;A;
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:11 pm

pokemoneg wrote:Eh? >A>; Luu that sounded so very wrong. So very very wrong.

HOW DID THAT SOUND WRONG!? T_T Explainz yo'self!

Aww, how could you miss such an event! What were you doing instead?

:scratch:
:shock:
:oops:

...Oh yeah. Gay Rainbow
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
pokemoneg wrote:Eh? >A>; Luu that sounded so very wrong. So very very wrong.

HOW DID THAT SOUND WRONG!? T_T Explainz yo'self!

Aww, how could you miss such an event! What were you doing instead?

:scratch:
:shock:
:oops:

...Oh yeah. Gay Rainbow
Pffft~ Luu~
We can find a corner, should only take 15-20 mins.
>A>; That sounded wrong too....
Anyway, I had my laptop at Katsucon and didn't get attacked.

>U>; You flirting with lesbians, hmm?

I was running around doing other stuff like panels and totally missed it by an hour. ;A;
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:38 pm

pokemoneg wrote:>U>; You flirting with lesbians, hmm?

:) They are wimenz too, nu?

pokemoneg wrote:I was running around doing other stuff like panels and totally missed it by an hour. ;A;

Ah! In that case I can understand. >o> One loses track of time with panels especially because the guests could go on forever. Q/As do that as well, so I tend to only go to the really important ones. Take Yuri Con in 2007, I spent more time at the presentations than everything else. It kinda sucked as I missed some new anime, though I'm happy to discover Simoun just in time. ^_~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
pokemoneg wrote:>U>; You flirting with lesbians, hmm?

:) They are wimenz too, nu?

Ah! In that case I can understand. >o> One loses track of time with panels especially because the guests could go on forever. Q/As do that as well, so I tend to only go to the really important ones. Take Yuri Con in 2007, I spent more time at the presentations than everything else. It kinda sucked as I missed some new anime, though I'm happy to discover Simoun just in time. ^_~

Point taken, Luu~ ;D
But I swing the other way~ XDD

Ah, yeah. I saw the sign and was all disappointed that I missed it.
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I was just thinking... we need to do a huge group photo too of everyone. I think it's kinda obvious, but I thought I'd state it anyway.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:21 am

Chibi Rachy wrote:I was just thinking... we need to do a huge group photo too of everyone. I think it's kinda obvious, but I thought I'd state it anyway.

That's one of the first things we need to do. :) Best way to celebrate our long-awaited union.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:That's one of the first things we need to do. :) Best way to celebrate our long-awaited union.

Indeed it is!

I'm working on getting my new cosplay together for Otakon. I'm not cosplaying for Tekko because of the huge amount of other things that need taken care of. I'm just happy for the break it'll provide. I think pretty much everyone knows I'll be Aaeru and right nao I'm working on the details for commissioning her pilot suit.

I've been working to find the right sort of boots for her. Combat boots seem to work the best. Until last night though, silly me never thought to look for kids' combat boots. Why, I have no idea. I need kids' boots because they aren't as tall as women's boots. I'm short so buying women's boots would come up too far on my legs. I've got some new options for boots nao though.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Boots would look kick ass on you (even kid's boots XD Small feet?). You probably saw this coming, but we may leave on Day 3 early. Hotel rates have gone up a lot since 2007, and I'd rather hang in the city a day before the con starts. So we're staying all the way to Day and leaving in the morning. That's how I have things booked nao.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Boots would look kick ass on you (even kid's boots XD Small feet?). You probably saw this coming, but we may leave on Day 3 early. Hotel rates have gone up a lot since 2007, and I'd rather hang in the city a day before the con starts. So we're staying all the way to Day and leaving in the morning. That's how I have things booked nao.
You could probably check out of the hotel early and hang around on day 3 later. ;A;
And then go home? ;A;
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

pokemoneg wrote:You could probably check out of the hotel early and hang around on day 3 later. ;A;And then go home? ;A;

And hang out with all the worn out Otaku? XD It all depends on Midori and the other two. If Cathy and Dye's train tickets home aren't early, we can hang out longer. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
pokemoneg wrote:You could probably check out of the hotel early and hang around on day 3 later. ;A;And then go home? ;A;

And hang out with all the worn out Otaku? XD It all depends on Midori and the other two. If Cathy and Dye's train tickets home aren't early, we can hang out longer. :3
Indeed! I don't have to leave early, since me and my Otaku group of freshmen are being driven. XD
And I have to stay until they want to leave anyway XD
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Boots would look kick ass on you (even kid's boots XD Small feet?). You probably saw this coming, but we may leave on Day 3 early. Hotel rates have gone up a lot since 2007, and I'd rather hang in the city a day before the con starts. So we're staying all the way to Day and leaving in the morning. That's how I have things booked nao.

Indeed I have small feet. I can wear size 3 1/2-4, depending on the brand. This goes to about a size 6 in women's. I'm short though so I tend to default to kids' shoes when I need to wear boots because of the height. My Illya boots were kids boots.

Wait, are you thinking I was staying the night on Day 3? I only book Thursday-Sunday. Days Inn has a garage attached and we can leave the car there until we leave in the afternoon. What's really nice is that they have a valet closet so we leave everything of value in the valet closet. They let you keep it there until you leave in the evening. You get a tag when you put something there and then you give them the tag when you get your gear out.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:Wait, are you thinking I was staying the night on Day 3? I only book Thursday-Sunday. Days Inn has a garage attached and we can leave the car there until we leave in the afternoon. What's really nice is that they have a valet closet so we leave everything of value in the valet closet. They let you keep it there until you leave in the evening. You get a tag when you put something there and then you give them the tag when you get your gear out.

A valet closet. How useful... Akira Okuzaki

XD No I wasn't thinking that. Just making it clear that I don't plan on staying the entire day on Sunday. Friday is introduction and shopping day and Saturday is partah madness day. :DR Kruger:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next