Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

+23
LiteraryAnomaly
GhibliFreek
BMeph
firesphere306
Konaxookami
Aud8
Sergay Tate
Yuri-hime
depression76
MidnightPersona
Highman
hildebrant
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
pokemoneg
ookamidesu
Chibi Rachy
Flamewolf119
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Milla
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by pokemoneg Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 pm

We also need a thread for Katsucon. >_>
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:15 pm

pokemoneg wrote:xDDDD Love you too Luu~
As much as a lesbikin can love a man xD

WHAT IS AIR?! poptart kat

MidnightPersona wrote:We are going to make a thread for experiences! A diff one, this one is crowded for planning. DO IT!

Will do, Raven! If it's not here tomorrow, I will go ahead and start it. :O

pokemoneg wrote:We also need a thread for Katsucon. >_>

>o> You are a Katsucon.

BY THE WAY, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT:

Raven (Shizuru Viola cosplay) vs. pokemoneg (Juliet Nao Zhang cosplay) at DDR! Otakon 2011!

CRAPPY CAMERA WORK, DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION AND TWO AWESOME MAI-MULTIVERSE MEMBERS!

THIS. IS. ZIPANGGGGGGGGG.

MidnightPersona (left) in Shizuru Viola cosplay
pokemoneg (right) in Juliet Nao Zhang cosplay

Video taken at Otakon 2011's Game Room!

Zhang + Viola + Dance = kawaiidesuplz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Empty Anime Convention Thread: Your experiences/upcoming appearances!

Post by Chibi Rachy Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 am

We kept saying a thread like this needed to be made, and it never was. So I figured I'd start it. Post your experiences from this year and possible plans for next year. This thread shall serve as the Otakon 2012 thread until next year when we plan another meetup.

For me, this year's Otakon was perhaps the best ever. It was my third year so I guess you could say 3rd time's a charm. I actually only went to 1 panel and 1 premiere the entire weekend, and they were the two things I wanted to do most. I spent most of my weekend at photoshoots and actually being social with a lot of new people, which is probably one of the best ways to go.

One of the highlights for me this year was knowing one of the most popular animes when it's a recent series. I have never had that happen to me before. Puella Magi was a cute badge and it had an amazing premiere. I waited in line 2 hours for it, but that time flew because of the Godoka I met (She was also my Neviril I learned). Had 3rd row center seats for the premiere and it was amazing to see on the big screen.

The other big highlight for me was my Simoun meetup. I met up with Neviril and Morinas and we spent a lot of time snapping pictures, maybe an hour. We spent the rest of the time walking around and hanging out. I had a blast with the two of them, and we're totally doing it again next year, with the possibility of a Parietta joining us too.

Our forum meetup was great. Waiting was worth it and it was great to see some of the forum members in person. I still have the pics on my camera that I should probably upload to dA soon. We should do it next year and pick a new place to eat, unless everyone wants to do Cheesecake Factory again.

As for next year, my hotel is already booked. I'll be at the Days Inn again, and I've booked a second room for next year as well. Kyubey and Raven might partake of that, and I have another person with interest so I'm pleased. If that happens, it'd be a blast. As for cosplay, I'll have the last outfit I need for Aaeru, the green pilot jumpsuit. I will also be cosplaying as either Kyouko or Mami from Puella Magi, but I'm leaning toward Kyouko. With any of the characters, I'll be relying on my commissioner from this year for most of it.

Anyone else interested in booking for next year, the Passkey link is live, though leaked early. https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=3408656

Booking now does not mean you'll be charged for anything and you can cancel without any fees until the beginning of July next year.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 am

I plan on writing a longer, more detailed version of my trip on my livejournal. I'll just bottom line most of my trip on the surface:

Not sure if this was my best Otakon, 2007's was more of a romantic rendezvous for me and I got to dress up that year, but 2011 was quite fun in many ways. Meeting Raven for starters was very exciting, she's just this massive ball of energy you can't help but watch. Being her first Otakon experience, I wanted to make it memorable by allowing her to shine everywhere rather than me playing the nagging adult who's in control. :) The cosplayers this year were great although I was disappointed in the lack of Mai-HiME/Otome. I spent most of my waiting line time scanning for Mai-cosplayers that I literally lost track of time. XD FOCUS!

The hotel kicked major ass, our room was originally meant for four people. Me, my now ex-gf (good riddance), Dye and that person-we-shall-not-name. With just me and Raven, we had so much space to goof around and park our stuff. And trust me, we bought A LOT of stuff. @o@ It was a pain hooking up the PS2 since the cord couldn't reach the outlet and we had no extension cord. So thanks to my Hercules strength, I moved the giant piece of furniture closer to the outlet. :) Problem solved. Raven had some trouble of her own dealing with the internet connection (as if she doesn't get enough of that in her own home. ;p ) but it started working properly after a while. Ordering her ticket to go back home though? Didn't happen for at least 3 days until the website finally decided to work. XD

I think everyone can agree that the Madoka badge was the cutest thing to carry around. Visiting places like the SUNRISE panel was exciting, including the Dealer's Room and Artist Alley. I met a lot of friendly artists and old faces I remember from the past like Sarah Sakky aka SailorAstera. We met a long time ago on Sailor Moon Forum and it was great seeing her be her perky self. :) I even purchased the Sailor Jupiter "Talent" badge from her, which brought back a flood of memories. I did make that DiC line more famous than it already was, thanks to my video. ^_~

Another highlight were all those spontaneous moments that had me laughing so hard, like when I spotted the Akane Higurashi cosplayer. XD I sic'ed Raven on her like a dog and it caught everybody's attention. I love being controlling~ I still feel bad about that Akane cosplayer breaking her Tonfa prop.That sucks! Also, me and Em (pokemoneg) play off each other so well with our constant WHAT IS AIR?! quotes, which she started with me. XD

The first night at the rave was off the hook! It was hard to unleash myself because of the lack of room. There was plenty of room in the back, in case Raven hadn't noticed, but where's the fun in dancing in the back? XD Regardless the Japanese DJ was a total hottie *licks lips* And she made me wet. :) Literally. She sprayed me down. <3 It was also interesting seeing Raven get in the "zone" and tear shit up. Even making out with a gay dude. :)

The MM forum meet up was just how I pictured it. There was no real hassle and everyone had a great time at Cheesecake. The food was incredible (the cheese pizza was just right) and the cheesecake, my gawd. My only disappointment was our new friend Lena (I think her real name is Amber) having to leave early. She was really fun to talk to and we shared an undying love for Halle Berry. :3 Bi-sexual girls, gotta love em'. Taking the pictures with Raven, Neg, Rach and the others was a memorable moment. It's like after all the posting, good times and bad, here we are. Together at last. :)

So much more to say. >o< Overall I had a great time and feel accomplished. :) I will definitely return next year and accept sidekicks for upcoming cons near me. If anyone wants to attend the NYC Anime Festival with me in October, PM me. There is also SugoiCon in November, which is Raven's get together this time. Juke and RayneJan are supposed to be attending this time, which makes four of us. Anymore MM superstars are welcome!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:58 am

man, that sounds like SO much fun!!! i wish i could have gone. maybe next year though... maybe Razz
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:man, that sounds like SO much fun!!! i wish i could have gone. maybe next year though... maybe Razz

If nobody's rooming with me by then, you can join. :) Save some bucks.

Trust me dude, it's worth it. Nothing screams American Awesomesauce like Otakon 2011.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Lol. Well, I missed the big one (damn interview!)

But I will try to make it to Sugoi XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:48 pm

:) Sugoi will be a new experience for me. I've never been to that area of Kentucky before, should be quite a treat.

*lifts wine glass* Here's hoping Raynejan can join us too.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm done with cons until 2012 XD

I would do KuroKiiro Fest, but I have found that at this point it's not worth it with both work and grad school. It's fairly new and pretty small, so not completely worth the 2.5 hour trip. I may see about switching it out for another fall con next year when grad school is done. Cons are hard enough to do with school in session. It's all the planning for a substitute teacher that does it! And the grading to be done.... *shudders*

My first 2012 con is Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh. A lot of my new friends attend Katsucon, but for me it's during the month of big winter storms, so not worth the gamble. Tekko is of a decent size, and it was my first con ever so I have some love for it :D
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:55 am

Haha, yeah same here since Sugoi will be in the middle of work. Most likely I have to work on the same day the con ends, so that's triple the sleep I'll need to make up for. XD;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:19 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:man, that sounds like SO much fun!!! i wish i could have gone. maybe next year though... maybe Razz

If nobody's rooming with me by then, you can join. :) Save some bucks.

Trust me dude, it's worth it. Nothing screams American Awesomesauce like Otakon 2011.

cool beans! we'll see how it all goes. fingers crossed though. you never know what'll happen Arika Yumemiya
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 am

Sergay Wáng wrote:cool beans! we'll see how it all goes. fingers crossed though. you never know what'll happen Arika Yumemiya

Yup! For all we know, we could be having the next meeting at SupaNova...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:cool beans! we'll see how it all goes. fingers crossed though. you never know what'll happen Arika Yumemiya

Yup! For all we know, we could be having the next meeting at SupaNova...

that'd be pretty badass i must admit. we shall indeed see where time takes things though Razz
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Empty SugoiCon 2011

Post by Kyubey Mittens Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Posting this thread so that MidnightPersona and I can talk about our experiences at Sugio Con this year. It was a lot of fun and once I can collect my thoughts I will post them here.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Kyubey Mittens wrote:Posting this thread so that MidnightPersona and I can talk about our experiences at Sugio Con this year. It was a lot of fun and once I can collect my thoughts I will post them here.
Looking forward to reading/seeing what you post =3

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Looking forward to reading them, Juke. :) Glad you had a good time!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:I'm done with cons until 2012 XD

I would do KuroKiiro Fest, but I have found that at this point it's not worth it with both work and grad school. It's fairly new and pretty small, so not completely worth the 2.5 hour trip. I may see about switching it out for another fall con next year when grad school is done. Cons are hard enough to do with school in session. It's all the planning for a substitute teacher that does it! And the grading to be done.... *shudders*

My first 2012 con is Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh. A lot of my new friends attend Katsucon, but for me it's during the month of big winter storms, so not worth the gamble. Tekko is of a decent size, and it was my first con ever so I have some love for it :D

Oh you're going to Tekkoshocon too? So am I. Got the hotel room booked and everything. I'm also planning on doing the Steel City Con this coming weekend if I'm lucky. After that its the Pittsburgh Comic Con in April, then its the continued waiting for Otakon.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm

If you spot any Mai-HiME/Otome cosplayers, please take photos. For the good of all mankind. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:33 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:If you spot any Mai-HiME/Otome cosplayers, please take photos. For the good of all mankind. :3

I know of some girls who usually attend the con who love the series and I talk Mai HiME with them. Thats usually about it though, gotta count for something I hope.
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:36 pm

hildebrant wrote:I know of some girls who usually attend the con who love the series and I talk Mai HiME with them. Thats usually about it though, gotta count for something I hope.

First, make friends with people who are into your interests. Especially girls. Trust me, it always starts there. And yes, it counts. You're a good dude; just be yourself.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 pm

//waits for new update
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Tumblr_m4e92kJpBm1rp7aeb
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

pokemoneg wrote://waits for new update
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Tumblr_m4e92kJpBm1rp7aeb

Haha! Soon, Neg. s( . ) ( . )n.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Aud8 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I dressed up for the first time at Sakura-con Seattle 2010 (I go every year)
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Creeper

I'm the creeper - my ex/roommate is Harley.

:D Recent con coming up for me is PAX in Seattle in Aug. Anyone going? I plan as cosplaying as chell from portal - my other obsession lol.
Aud8
Aud8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 34
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

http://8aud8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Aud8 wrote:I dressed up for the first time at Sakura-con Seattle 2010 (I go every year)
Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 10 Creeper

I'm the creeper - my ex/roommate is Harley.

:D Recent con coming up for me is PAX in Seattle in Aug. Anyone going? I plan as cosplaying as chell from portal - my other obsession lol.

XDDD AHHHHH! CHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3333

Sadly i won't be attending the Seattle con. Upcoming appearances for me are Otakon 2012 and Comic Con 2012 in NYC.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Aud8 Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:13 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

XDDD AHHHHH! CHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3333

Sadly i won't be attending the Seattle con. Upcoming appearances for me are Otakon 2012 and Comic Con 2012 in NYC.

Oh nice! Are you gonna dress up?

And I ordered the p-body portal gun a few weeks ago...so I'm looking forward to this a bunch XD
Aud8
Aud8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 34
Armitage GUTS!!! : 7

http://8aud8.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next