Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

+23
LiteraryAnomaly
GhibliFreek
BMeph
firesphere306
Konaxookami
Aud8
Sergay Tate
Yuri-hime
depression76
MidnightPersona
Highman
hildebrant
Kyubey Mittens
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
pokemoneg
ookamidesu
Chibi Rachy
Flamewolf119
Midori Sugiura99
SpiderNeKoHiME
Milla
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 7 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by Chibi Rachy Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:44 pm

XD Last we'd all talked, we hadn't decided if it was lunch or dinner or in between those two. Probably around the beginning of July I'll actually start seeing who can do what.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con) - Page 7 Empty Re: Anime Convention News: Your experiences/upcoming MM con appearances! (next: New York Comic Con)

Post by hildebrant Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:XD Last we'd all talked, we hadn't decided if it was lunch or dinner or in between those two. Probably around the beginning of July I'll actually start seeing who can do what.

Okay glad you guys will have me. I'm admitting that due to my ride cancelling out on me I'm only going on Saturday for just one day, all I can get from my current ride so I'd probably only be able to just stop by and see you guys and shake some hands, say my hellos and show off some of my artwork that isn't yet up on my deviantart account. We'll try to set something up thats more concrete later on if you're interested, such as outside the dealer's room or the game room, not too familiar with the location of the cheesecake factory but I'll see what I can do if thats where you'd prefer
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 pm

hildebrant wrote:
Chibi Rachy wrote:XD Last we'd all talked, we hadn't decided if it was lunch or dinner or in between those two. Probably around the beginning of July I'll actually start seeing who can do what.

Okay glad you guys will have me. I'm admitting that due to my ride cancelling out on me I'm only going on Saturday for just one day, all I can get from my current ride so I'd probably only be able to just stop by and see you guys and shake some hands, say my hellos and show off some of my artwork that isn't yet up on my deviantart account. We'll try to set something up thats more concrete later on if you're interested, such as outside the dealer's room or the game room, not too familiar with the location of the cheesecake factory but I'll see what I can do if thats where you'd prefer

Cheesecake Factory is in the Harbor area :)
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 pm

So any other cosplayers handing out stuff with their cosplay? I forgot until I looked at a cosplay.com thread that I had already started on something to hand out with both my Aaeru cosplays. I had used a trading card program that was online to design cards for Aaeru. And no, it's not one of those yugioh card makers either. This one designs Pokemon style ones, and I was able to get all my text on the online part, and then use a different program to insert my images. I have a card template for both Sibylla Pilot and Sibylla Priestess Aaeru.

The trading cards are my general item to hand out, especially if someone doesn't know the show. I need to get some double sided glossy paper since I think that may work best to print on. The Pathtag I mentioned above is a special item reserved only for special people, but will definitely be given to Simoun fans I meet.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Okay votin' timez!

I found out that the Risembool Rangers have nothing planned for this year, so we have any available time. I picked Friday around dinner though because that's a less crowded day than Saturday, but Saturday dinner works too. Lunch on Saturday won't work for me unless it's noon or later. I have a private photoshoot tentatively scheduled for 11.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Anything is good with me! I'm a flexible Luu, but I did leave a vote for Saturday noon. Should me and Midori get sidetracked on Friday, and we'd rather con whore around the late hour on Saturday. BUT AGAIN, anything is good in the end. My vote was done out of the little "what if we-" voice swirling in my head.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeah I know :) The only problem is the wait we'll probably encounter. If someone were able to go ahead and stay in the Harbor area during the time we wanted it, that would help. It may very well be an hour wait.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 pm

due to some mishaps with my friends and the hotel they're staying at, I'll only be available for Saturday only. I'd really like to meet you guys in person and preferably somewhere in the convention center as I'm not too familiar with the surrounding area. I should be arriving at the con sometime at 1 pm so morning's out of the question. However if I can't make it to the cheesecake factory or anywhere like that its fine, I'll try to make it to one of these meetings if you guys decide to do this next year
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Well depending on what everyone else wants, we may very well do Saturday. I think most of us are pretty free. We'd meet up at the convention center before walking to the Inner Harbor so you would just have to find us there.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm

if any of you would like my cell number or set up a specific meeting time I'm all ears
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 pm

We'll probably all exchange cell numbers before con. I always like to be able to text/get in touch during con. :D
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:54 pm

.-. Well, I've got a few 4-5 friends coming with me and I'll drag them along XD
If we're having dinner around 5-7, we 'might' be able to come but the best bet is still Saturday for lunch, at the maid cafe perhaps? ;D
Anyway, I don't really have a cell, just my google voice number; I use my laptop to text and make calls from it. I might be able to bring Dawn with me everyday, but I'll aim for Saturday so, if anyone wants me to put on that "Start-up" orb Hime mark thing personally, I'd be glad too on Saturday.
:DD

also, maybe we should have a specific place @ the convention center to meet up at, not just generally. -3-
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Bubuzuke points : 770
Armitage GUTS!!! : 258

http://www.pokemoneg.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:57 pm

I was thinking of giving the location later. It'd just be in front of one of the entrances, perhaps even the large staircase (the one outside). It's definitely gonna be at the Cheesecake Factory though :) Time's the only thing we're still working out.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:02 am

Sounds good to me for location.
sweatdrop uhm.... how much does the cheesecake factory cost?
Is it like expensive or what?
-shotforbeinganoob-
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:09 am

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/media/menus/TCF_Takeout_Baltimore.pdf

Here's the menu for the one in Baltimore. I won't say expensive or cheaper because that's different for everyone. Probably a bit expensive in general, but I'm happy to lend a few dollars to ya if you need it. For me, CF is a once a year (if that) thing so I don't mind the price.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:15 am

XD Thanks for that! Really helpful for planning ahead of time cuz some of my friends are picky eaters. >:T
I eat almost anything ex. Bamboo shoots.
anyway, the prices aren't too bad, I'm sure I can muster that much up for dinner at least for myself from my mom if I have too XD.
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:16 am

They have a huge range of food there so there's definitely something for nearly everyone. And this way you can decide what you might want ahead of time and plan for it.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Okay, so we got myself, Midori-sama, NomANeg, Tate, The Rach, including a bunch of random friends. We can all meet on Saturday for sure for lunch. As for you Neg, I can lend you monies as well. :3 You helped me so much in the past, I will gladly return the favor. Just do us a favor and pig out. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:01 pm

XD So far Luu. Hopefully we can snag some more maybe...there must be lurkers here... it would be best to get there early. If we do do a Saturday dinner, best to go at 5 because we'll probably be waiting a bit so we can explore the mall area around it. I don't think we can go too far, but it's a good time for chatting :D
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Okay, so we got myself, Midori-sama, NomANeg, Tate, The Rach, including a bunch of random friends. We can all meet on Saturday for sure for lunch. As for you Neg, I can lend you monies as well. :3 You helped me so much in the past, I will gladly return the favor. Just do us a favor and pig out. XD

Sorry I was strolling around the forum and saw you guys were having a meetup Otakon this year. So I though of myself "hey well I can join for Mai-fans gathering".....................Well guess what I'm joining brunch on Saturday night.

Expect me to be around Cheesecake Factory soon, shaking hands and doing something............something,something.

Jet's DB Bart Scott gruff voice: CAN'T WAIT
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by pokemoneg Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Okay, so we got myself, Midori-sama, NomANeg, Tate, The Rach, including a bunch of random friends. We can all meet on Saturday for sure for lunch. As for you Neg, I can lend you monies as well. :3 You helped me so much in the past, I will gladly return the favor. Just do us a favor and pig out. XD

;3; that is the nicest thing I've heard all day~
*hugs Luu to death* TTuTT
pokemoneg
pokemoneg
Lord of teh InterNEG
Lord of teh InterNEG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:30 pm

pokemoneg wrote:;3; that is the nicest thing I've heard all day~
*hugs Luu to death* TTuTT

*hugs Emmy-chan back and hands her a blue rose :blue rose: *

Anything for my friends. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Okay based on the poll it seems so far that Saturday for dinner is best. There's still time to vote. I know that the two Saturday lunch ones are Luu's and gf so they were flexible and the one Friday one was me.

So I'm potentially saying that we meetup outside of the convention center at 4:30 in front of the huge concrete stairs out there. We walk to the Cheesecake Factory and arrive there before 5, and secure our spot because there will be a wait for dinner, I'm sure of it. You cannot make reservations, and it is Saturday, the busiest day. I know I went on Sunday one year at lunch and there was a 45 minute wait so yeah. So I would say we would have that time to chill and chat and do whatever. You can usually browse the mall area the restaurant is in and still be in range.

This is only a potential time/idea. Speak up in agreement or disagreement so changes can be made if needed.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Hear, hear! Luu is in complete agreement here. :) I don't mind the wait, even if it does stretch to 45 minutes.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Well it could be longer than that. There's no telling exactly how long the wait will be. We'll just have to see when we get there. I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next