Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities?

+3
Amaya
Luu Sky Sapphire
HollowPoint
7 posters

Go down

Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities? Empty Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities?

Post by HollowPoint Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 pm

I'd think so, based on some of the more obvious ones, Natsuki for one is very wolf like Natsuki Kuga Nao likes to...capture people/set traps Nao Yuuki Mai..well guessing her child's personality is a bit hard, but...Mai is..fiery? and Shizuru is- *snicker* okay I dunno if I wanna go there ^_^;

Well, they're the only ones I can really think of.
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Bubuzuke points : 362
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

Back to top Go down

Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities? Empty Re: Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:09 pm

LOL Go on, what about Shizuru and Kiyohime's similarities? Nao Yuuki

My brain is stuck on Akane Higurashi and Hari at the moment. There seems to be no real personality connection there, so perhaps it's just a coincidence for certain characters like Natsuki and Duran.

Many MM members joked about Yukino being a stalker/creeper. Seeing how observing is her favorite pastime (aside from Haruka love) and is one of Diana's abilities...hmm...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities? Empty Re: Do you think the characters child's reflect their personalities?

Post by HollowPoint Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:LOL Go on, what about Shizuru and Kiyohime's similarities? Nao Yuuki

My brain is stuck on Akane Higurashi and Hari at the moment. There seems to be no real personality connection there, so perhaps it's just a coincidence for certain characters like Natsuki and Duran.

Many MM members joked about Yukino being a stalker/creeper. Seeing how observing is her favorite pastime (aside from Haruka love) and is one of Diana's abilities...hmm...

You knooooow~...right? ^_^;

Uhhh...what IS her child supposed to be? 0_o a lion?..I think her child is a bit too odd to know for sure.. psyduck

That seems pretty similar to me XD
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 pm

HollowPoint wrote:You knooooow~...right? ^_^;

Uhhh...what IS her child supposed to be? 0_o a lion?..I think her child is a bit too odd to know for sure.. psyduck

Shizuru Fujino I do...I think. Just love reading your input on Shizuru since you don't think she's all that. Unlike a certain spider queen. Nao Yuuki

O_o; I believe it's a Lion, yes. Akane's personality doesn't strike me as any kind of ferocious wild cat. What about Akira Okuzaki's frog/toad CHILD? Aside from the natural quickness of a frog and a ninja, I don't see much similarities. West African frogs do change sex which could be connected with Akira's crossdressing ways. Behavior wise...draws a blank.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPoint Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:38 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
HollowPoint wrote:You knooooow~...right? ^_^;

Shizuru Fujino I do...I think. Just love reading your input on Shizuru since you don't think she's all that. Unlike a certain spider queen. Nao Yuuki

O_o; I believe it's a Lion, yes. Akane's personality doesn't strike me as any kind of ferocious wild cat. What about Akira Okuzaki's frog/toad CHILD? Aside from the natural quickness of a frog and a ninja, I don't see much similarities. West African frogs do change sex which could be connected with Akira's crossdressing ways. Behavior wise...draws a blank.

I just think of her in a more realistic way, than the people who, ya know..love her, haha XD Well, ya can't deny that she is indeed sneaky, deceptive and deadly...okay, you can deny it, but still Nao Yuuki

Maaybeee, maybe it's some kind of weird animal that doesn't actually exist though? like Mai's child. And hey, maybe she is like a lion...on the inside XD Akira is totally frog like, especially if you count appearance related stuff..meaning the mystery gender thing of course(and in that case..Akane sorta looks lion-ish ;P) whatcha mean? have you ever watched how frog behaves? totally Akira *nods* ^.^
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:06 am

and so midori would be a coati or what^^
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPoint Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 am

Amaya wrote:and so midori would be a coati or what^^

Tehehe, I would think so XD
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 am

HollowPoint wrote:I just think of her in a more realistic way, than the people who, ya know..love her, haha XD Well, ya can't deny that she is indeed sneaky, deceptive and deadly...okay, you can deny it, but still Nao Yuuki

Maaybeee, maybe it's some kind of weird animal that doesn't actually exist though? like Mai's child. And hey, maybe she is like a lion...on the inside XD Akira is totally frog like, especially if you count appearance related stuff..meaning the mystery gender thing of course(and in that case..Akane sorta looks lion-ish ;P) whatcha mean? have you ever watched how frog behaves? totally Akira *nods* ^.^

Yeah, LOVE her. As in LOVE LOVE her. ^_~ The term 'snake in the grass' could apply to Shizuru's dishonesty about the night she slept with Natsuki...naked (again, this is taking Yukino's word for it). Nao Yuuki

Could be, I don't think every CHILD is meant to reflect the HiME's personality. I'd like to say Akira has a tad more of a personality than any frog. ;p How about Mikoto and Miroku or Fumi with Mashiro/Suishouhime. More of a strong bond between those two pairs, rather than a personality similarity.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPoint Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Yeah, LOVE her. As in LOVE LOVE her. ^_~ The term 'snake in the grass' could apply to Shizuru's dishonesty about the night she slept with Natsuki...naked (again, this is taking Yukino's word for it). Nao Yuuki

Could be, I don't think every CHILD is meant to reflect the HiME's personality. I'd like to say Akira has a tad more of a personality than any frog. ;p How about Mikoto and Miroku or Fumi with Mashiro/Suishouhime. More of a strong bond between those two pairs, rather than a personality similarity.

Teheh, what other kind of love would I have meant? XD *shrug* I guess, she's really sorta sneaky all around if you think about it, literally and figuratively, look how she just appears behind people(like before she fight's Nao) Nao Yuuki

Maybe, but there are those who definitely share personalities. Nonsense..Akira is..jumpy..same as a frog Akira Okuzaki (wary would be a better word for it though..but I actually like Akira, so I'm mostly joking ;P) Hmm..do Miroku and Suishouhime have specific personalities themselves? (I mean like how wolf = lone/protective)
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 pm

I thought some of the child's were based on some myths and legends and therefore they have this form
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

What about Yukariko's child St. Vlas? it's a unicorn chess piece that makes you hallucinate... kinda odd, no? lol

@ Amaya, that's it. most of them have meaning/s in myths and legends, but not all. i was reading some stuff on it and Gakutenou has no real meaning at all from what i can remember.

i know Kagutsuchi is a phoenix (of sorts) and has lot to do with being reborn and what-have-you. Kagutsuchi is the Kami (spirit, essence, or natural force) of fire in the Shinto faith. and Mai is pretty fiery, and it could possibly be seen that she is reborn during/at the end of the carnival arc (i guess?)
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 pm

HollowPoint wrote: Hmm..do Miroku and Suishouhime have specific personalities themselves? (I mean like how wolf = lone/protective)

Amaya wrote:I thought some of the child's were based on some myths and legends and therefore they have this form

Point, I think those answers point to what Amaya mentioned about myths and legends. We have an old thread by a member who provided some information on it:

Mai-HiME/Otome In Mythology/Literature/Urban Legends

Includes a link to the Kiyohime myth thread. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPoint Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Point, I think those answers point to what Amaya mentioned about myths and legends. We have an old thread by a member who provided some information on it:

Mai-HiME/Otome In Mythology/Literature/Urban Legends

Includes a link to the Kiyohime myth thread. :)

Ah, cool thanks, that stuff was pretty fun to read, I especially liked the spider part of course, I liked the part there with the whole "kills males, does "fun" things with girls" thing at the end, it reminds you that Nao never ties up any girls(unless she likes them♥*hint hint* Nao YuukiNatsuki Kuga), so she certainly favors girls XD
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 pm

HollowPoint wrote:Ah, cool thanks, that stuff was pretty fun to read, I especially liked the spider part of course, I liked the part there with the whole "kills males, does "fun" things with girls" thing at the end, it reminds you that Nao never ties up any girls(unless she likes them♥*hint hint* Nao YuukiNatsuki Kuga), so she certainly favors girls XD

Nao-sama (I'll throw her a bone for once and refer to her as that...) does seem picky about her female prey. Let's just say she caught the best catch she could possibly find. Natsuki Kuga Nao Yuuki

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 am

Well:

Gaktenou had a meaning...I think it was like that the name was a synonym for the storm-god Susano-O. It would explain the lightening and the tornado attack. Midori is outgoing, has a overabundand optimism and can be quite strong and unpredicable...like a storm I guess. ^^

Akane and Hari...well that is really a tough one. Personally I can't really connect well with Akane. I guess it's 'coz the character appeared to be so shallow at the beginning.
Haris power is wind and she has her tonfas. Wind is not really a weapon at least when you son't use it as a slicing device.
Akane uses her tonfas mostly to push the Orphans away so Hari can attack them.
Wind is evasive, quite so and I guess so is Akane who tried to stay away from the Hime at the beginning for fear of being exposed or harmed.
(That's only MY opinion so far.)

About Akira:
Ever seen how Gamabunta (the giant ninja frog) talks and behaves in Naruto? I've never read the story of Gamabunta but I heard that he behaves similar to that....and that's exactly how Akira behaves. ^^

sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:00 am

No. The Childs are randomly designed and are given strengths (or weaknesses) based purely on what's convenient for the direction the writers want to take.

Natsuki's entire "hurr Childs get strongurrr when HiME love people betturrr" speech is full of crap the moment you consider Akane and Yukino become more devoted, Akira switches VIPs completely and takes on a COMPLETELY different form of love, and Mai is in a constant state of never knowing what the hell she actually wants.

Also, Akane has a lovey dovey hardworking future-housewifey thing going on, which is reflected by the fact her Child is a glorified vacuum cleaner. And I just completely contradicted myself.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am

I also don't think the size of a child is about how much you "love" the person. At some point Nagi says the childs get stronger with every defeated enemy. But still that is not very true either because then Shizuru would have ruled the place
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPoint Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 am

Amaya wrote:I also don't think the size of a child is about how much you "love" the person. At some point Nagi says the childs get stronger with every defeated enemy. But still that is not very true either because then Shizuru would have ruled the place

Hmm? Shizuru didn't fight much, did she? I would think that by "enemy" it means Orphans specifically, and Shizuru didn't fight them much/at all did she?(I really don't know >_>) I mean, if that IS the case, Natsuki and Mai would I think be stronger than her, since they fight lots of Orphans.
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 am

no no, nagi says that before the carnival starts. it grows by destroying other childs and shizuru did a good job on that
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by HollowPoint Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

Ah, I see...I guess that's one of the drawbacks of gaining most of my knowledge of the series from fanfic's more so than the actual show, I don't know all of the facts that aren't usually mentioned in fic's ^_^;
HollowPoint
HollowPoint
Cracked Pairings Expert
Cracked Pairings Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 am

Amaya wrote:I also don't think the size of a child is about how much you "love" the person. At some point Nagi says the childs get stronger with every defeated enemy. But still that is not very true either because then Shizuru would have ruled the place
Inconsistencies in the things Nagi says aren't a problem. He lies about absolutely everything he ever says outside of the stand-alone scenes with Mashiro's doll collection (since trying to lie to someone who witnessed the previous Festival firsthand and already knows the facts for what they truly are makes no sense). And he's pretty consistent about it.

The entire rest of the cast being unbelievably dumb enough to continue to treat him as a reliable source of information and take every word he says at face value despite each time he's called out is a problem.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Abicion wrote:
Inconsistencies in the things Nagi says aren't a problem. He lies about absolutely everything he ever says outside of the stand-alone scenes with Mashiro's doll collection (since trying to lie to someone who witnessed the previous Festival firsthand and already knows the facts for what they truly are makes no sense). And he's pretty consistent about it.

The entire rest of the cast being unbelievably dumb enough to continue to treat him as a reliable source of information and take every word he says at face value despite each time he's called out is a problem.

And still to this day we don't know Nagi and Mashiro motives but we'll just say first HiME series is an introduction.

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:42 am

Highman wrote:first HiME series is an introduction
to bad writing.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Abicion wrote:
Highman wrote:first HiME series is an introduction
to bad writing.

The right statement would been "the caution before the storm"

Bad writing and poor execution.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down